Ot1 Lot#5 Evolution.Smoke Reports & Info.

Guest Viva

Cheers for all the posts,pics & info on this strain. But is there a definite number of phenos? How stable are we talking? And what is the stretch on untouched plants? And is 65-75 days the norm? Or are others getting diff times. Soz for all the Qs but this is the stuff I'd like to kno. I've just flipped mine into flower & shit worried,well a lot worried as they are 30inches tall. Have searched using the search facility, which I hate using as, imo, its crap! Why can't I use a 2 letter word? And why don't you just do what you're supposed to do, and jus search! This is the only thing I don't like on this site. Never got on with it. Winge over. Atb, reds

Type uk420 then what your searching for into google, usually brings up a much better selection than the site search.

My guess is there will limited info on your questions though as only a few have grown or are growing these yet. hopefully someone who has grown will answer your questions here, would be good to know for future reference as well.

Cheers for all the posts,pics & info on this strain. But is there a definite number of phenos? How stable are we talking? And what is the stretch on untouched plants? And is 65-75 days the norm? Or are others getting diff times. Soz for all the Qs but this is the stuff I'd like to kno. I've just flipped mine into flower & shit worried,well a lot worried as they are 30inches tall. Have searched using the search facility, which I hate using as, imo, its crap! Why can't I use a 2 letter word? And why don't you just do what you're supposed to do, and jus search! This is the only thing I don't like on this site. Never got on with it. Winge over. Atb, reds

quite a good stretch on mine 3 times maybe

finish times about right 63-75 ish

id avise topping and supercropping them

Of the 4 females I got, 1 was a runt so just left it uncut & another showed single cola tendencies so that was left as well. The other 2 branchey phenos were topped and fimmed. With a bit of manipulation all are between 29-31 inches. 2m tall tent so Hopeing I'll be cool. X3 would be a scarey stretch. Batt on fone jus gonna go. Talk laterz, peace,reds

Hey Reds :)

I'm just putting my third and final plant into the jars today, the others having gone in over the last couple of days. Full report coming up in a week or so, but of the two I've sampled so far, there are noticeable differences in smell and taste. Both have a lemony base, but with all sorts of overtones, and they're changing and getting stronger each day in the jars. The smell is much stronger than I'd been expecting. My pheno 1 (see previous page for pics) has a sweet aftertaste reminiscent of pineapple :wub:

As for advice - I'd definitely plan to supercrop your ladies, probably at least twice during the stretch. My plants were topped and bent around a bit, but I'd say with confidence you should expect 2.5x to 3.5x finishing height. The shortest of mine might have only doubled if left upright, but they were all under a MH bulb for the first 4 weeks of flowering so (I'd hope) that slowed her down a bit.

I chopped on days 69 and 72. Full update to come, but I'll say this so far - it's bloody lovely stuff! :applause:

atb :yinyang:

Z.

• Like 1

These are some pics of the Evos on 12/12 day.

post-38940-0-14218900-1344026438_thumb.jpg This one is untouched. Short branches that stayed close to the meristem. Single cola beauty.

post-38940-0-01830700-1344026472_thumb.jpg This is no.2 Very similar to no.1 in colour and leaf shape etc, but much, much more branchy. So I topped this one and it produced 2 lovely heads which is now 3. Sweet.

• Like 2

Well pics and text didn't come out how I wanted or in the way/place I put them!? Oh well. At least they did come up! No excuse not to do my diaries, now I think I've got posting pics sorted. All I need now is some free time! Anyone got some they can lend me?

Anyways, here's some more well over due piccies.

post-38940-0-27001700-1344027503_thumb.jpg

This is no.3, which is completely different to everything else. Diff colour,(Darker, blotchy&patchy leaf colour thru veg. Diff leaf shape, thinner.) and also a branchy growth pattern. This one I 'fimmed' & it has come out with aload of tops. 4 to start, but now 6. All went into flower on the 1st of Aug. In 10 litre pots,well rooted out. Under a 250w MH for veg but a 600w dual spec for flower.

post-38940-0-23532000-1344027628_thumb.jpg.

No.4 on the left. Started life a mutant/runt and took ages to get going. But now it's a thing of beauty. It had alternating nodes form the start. This grows very short branches close to the main stem. So is a single cola plant. You'd never know of her troubled start to look at her now. She's a beast.

post-5377-1134075221_thumb.jpg. And this was my veg tent before the Evos moved into the flower tent. Just the Seedism Elvis,Milk & KillaWatt in there now 2 more wks for them & then it's into the bloom tent where they belong! Will take some pics of the Seedism plants for my uk420 diary comp. Sweet 'my youts'! Atb, reds...

post-38940-0-81127200-1344027784_thumb.jpg

Guest Thicky

Thanks Thicky :D

Hope you're well :yep:

Z.

Cripes just looking through this thread again and the 3 phenos are so stunning I have to say, I don't think I even appreciated how much difference there is the first time around :yep:

I was looking at my grow and wondering why the plants have come on so early.

I now think I may have an answer:

The grow is being done in an old wardrobe, the (250W) light was really ancient - about 4yrs old, Bit of a joke really, should have changed it, but since it seemed to be doing the job just fine, so I never bothered. Today it gave up the ghost and I replaced it with an old backup, again used and tired, but the lumens seemed to double!

So I wonder if the low light level forced the plants into maturing earlier... hmmm.

I also wonder what results I'd have had with a proper light, since it's not too shabby at the mo.

Anyway, the breakdown allowed me to take photos of a couple of accessible phenos. Here they are:

Pheno 4:

I noticed that this one is starting to chuck quite a few late nanas, I may chop it a bit earlier.

gallery_65833_4322_72986.jpg

Pheno 5:

More in the "bogbrush" style.

gallery_65833_4322_283172.jpg

• Like 3

AA If you are interested in my opinion, your #4 is done to a turn and #5 is not far behind, most of the pistils are brown, a lot of people nowadays, push their plant until they are in what I call the late senescence stage where their is little new growth while you may get some expansion of the calyxes the resin actually starts degrading much faster than any new trichomes develop.

Again IMO the psychoactivity is at its peak at this point of development.

I'm editing to add this scan from Clarke's MJ botany.

tn_gallery_338_1876_100477.jpg

I used this as my guide for testing buds in the early days, and found that for me the best psychoactivity and overall effect were when I cut between peak and late stage, today I see more and more people posting pictures of the puffed up calyx senescent stage, while the buds look very sparkly to me they are so way over done as to be a mere shadow of what the smoke would have been like a couple of weeks before, you get very little extra weight for the extra time.

Again my take is let the plant tell you when it is done, try samples at different stages so you know what you like best yourself.

I hope my comments at least get people thinking about what I have said.

All the best Ot1.

• Like 25

AA If you are interested in my opinion, your #4 is done to a turn and #5 is not far behind, most of the pistils are brown, a lot of people nowadays, push their plant until they are in what I call the late senescence stage where their is little new growth while you may get some expansion of the calyxes the resin actually starts degrading much faster than any new trichomes develop.

Thanks for your input oldtimer, duly noted.

My sole reservation is that they are only on day 50!!!

I shall however, as you suggest, cut some now to sample, and then again in a week or so.

I do agree with you though, in the past I have happily chopped plants that looked waaaay greener than pheno#4.

What was the earliest harvesting test grow? Coz I kno it's early days for mine (14 days 12/12) but they're a lot more developed than I thought for a 10 wk strain. More developed than 8-9wk stains I've grown. And being so sativa dom, wouldn't it be best to cut it at the early stage of peak maturity, as we all know that later harvesting produces the 'couch-lock' type of high. Here are mine at 12 days.

gallery_38940_4921_245713.jpg