New Ot1 variety info.

oldtimer1

Hope your well OT1, i have a quick Q if you have a sec...

I am popping my pack of L#5e once i have some room in my mum/clone cab, just waiting for a run of cuts to root for my bro, then good to go!

I plan to grow the seedplant till big enough to take cuttings and sex, then cut back and repot as mums.

Reading up on some of the history of L#5, you suggested putting the cuttings under 12/12 immediatelly the roots show at holes of final pots, cant for the life of me find where now :skin_up: , but sure you did, would you still suggest this for L#5e?

chair.....

e2a: SP

Edited by Chairman O The Bored

newshooots I'll look into your gg from time to time with great interest.

I am popping my pack of L#5e once i have some room in my mum/clone cab, just waiting for a run of cuts to root for my bro, then good to go!

I plan to grow the seedplant till big enough to take cuttings and sex, then cut back and repot as mums.

Reading up on some of the history of L#5, you suggested putting the cuttings under 12/12 immediatelly the roots show at holes of final pots, cant for the life of me find where now :skin_up: , but sure you did, would you still suggest this for L#5e?

chair.....

chair L#5E grows entirely differently to the original stretchy Lot#5, just treat L#5evo just like any other canna plant, its very easy to grow, some plants do take a very long time to show their sex compared to all my other varieties. If you are in a hurry and don't want to let nature take its course, once some show, you can put the reluctant ones on 12/12 for a few days to make them show then put them back to veg lighting.

• Like 2

L#5E grows entirely differently to the original stretchy Lot#5

Doesn't she just..lol

I have now grown out 6 different seed females and 1 back though as a clone run and what I can say is that I wished I hadn't trained them so much to allow for my restricted height levels as they barely stretch at all but more just fill out.. They finish as very busy stocky plants all of which grew larger than average colas so if you struggle with mould problems or high humidity you might want to think about multi topping to try to distribute the size of the colas between more buds..

Having said all that I did finish with large colas and do suffer with mould in late flower and did not spot a bit so chances are it is fairly resilient..

I am now sat in the possition of trying to choose a mum from the 6 I have got and it is no easy task I can tell you.. :skin_up:

• Like 3

newshooots I'll look into your gg from time to time with great interest.

chair.....

chair L#5E grows entirely differently to the original stretchy Lot#5, just treat L#5evo just like any other canna plant, its very easy to grow, some plants do take a very long time to show their sex compared to all my other varieties. If you are in a hurry and don't want to let nature take its course, once some show, you can put the reluctant ones on 12/12 for a few days to make them show then put them back to veg lighting.

Thanks OT, i'm not in a particular hurry...but always more beans to pop!! I want to grow out a few full packets to get some keepers, rather than the "scatter gun" pop one or two of some which i have been doing. It's been useful and i have learned every step of the way, but i feel i have a mum cupboard of females rather than keepers.

Thanks again for the chance to grow out these great sounding beans.

L#5E grows entirely differently to the original stretchy Lot#5

Doesn't she just..lol

I have now grown out 6 different seed females and 1 back though as a clone run and what I can say is that I wished I hadn't trained them so much to allow for my restricted height levels as they barely stretch at all but more just fill out.. They finish as very busy stocky plants all of which grew larger than average colas so if you struggle with mould problems or high humidity you might want to think about multi topping to try to distribute the size of the colas between more buds..

Having said all that I did finish with large colas and do suffer with mould in late flower and did not spot a bit so chances are it is fairly resilient..

I am now sat in the possition of trying to choose a mum from the 6 I have got and it is no easy task I can tell you.. :skin_up:

Thanks Madgiz... your ladies looked lovely, so i'm really looking forward to seeing how mine turn out. I have just this very minute finished harvesting my UGORG Blues which had some large colas and grew pretty bushy, so would be interesting to see how these compare.

I am getting my new environment pretty well dialled in now, let hope so for my first diary! :guitar:

Thanks again for the info....

chair...

• 2 months later...

Sounds like you've perfected lot #5 OT!!

Was the saddest day of my life when PC plod walked off with me 2 Lot#5 mums, life ain't been the same since!

What's the crack with these Evo' seeds, are they available? <drools>

Sounds like you've perfected lot #5 OT!!

What's the crack with these Evo' seeds, are they available? <drools>

+1 I'm interested on any further plan's with this.

Sound's right up my Street :)

What's the crack with these Evo' seeds, are they available?

I can't be 100% sure, OT1 is the final authority on this, but I seem to remember that they were a strictly limited release and although they may be available again some time in the future, it will not be the near future.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Me again ... to tell all those who didn't grab some Lot#5 Evo seeds (for context, my first attempt at it) in the recent OT1 sale .... suckers :D

Damn, distinct Haze smell throughout growing, but more complex, sweet tones with obvious savoury smack. Chopped today @ 59 days - way sooner than I predicted. Last 7 or so days and it just puffed up and matured. Killer. Similar in many characteristics (growth rate, structure, smell, appearance) to the only C3 I grew at the same time. Looks to be a massive yielder but will hold out on details and smoke report :)

gallery_76552_6000_1971.jpg

gallery_76552_6000_108039.jpg

NC

• Like 8

Me again ... to tell all those who didn't grab some Lot#5 Evo seeds (for context, my first attempt at it) in the recent OT1 sale .... suckers :D

NC

Glad I grabbed me some of the Lot#5Evos, She looks beautiful mate :P

• Like 2

Glad I grabbed me some of the Lot#5Evos, She looks beautiful mate :P

Thank you :)

Still drying - really looking forward to the smoke :D

NC

NC I'm interested in what you think of the smoke as well. be it good or bad.

Cool. I'll be updating this thread with a full report OT1 :)

Thank you.

NC

• Like 1