Growing in Coco coir first time

Lobo

Hi great post by the way

I have 6 cheese female seeds at 1 week old doing my 1st coco grow using hesi coco, hesi root complex, and still thinking what to use for pk. My question is I will be using 11L pots when I transplant into bigger pots how much should I feeds and how often? and what stage do I feed every day?

Hey mannie

PK isn't strictly necessary with the hesi coco, i grew great buds without it but get some of hesi or canna PK 13/14 or even AN hammerhead which I heard is good.

Remember that when adding the PK to subtract the equivalent amount from the basic coco feed. For instance if you were feeding hesi coco at 4ml/ltr and you start using PK at 1ml/ltr then reduce the coco to 3ml. The overall nutrient strength remains the same.

When transplanting to final pots just keep them on the same strength feed until they need more. I found that I rarely got above 4ml/ltr maybe peak at 5ml for a couple of feeds in week 6 if they need it. You could do the whole grow on around 3 - 4ml/ ltr. But feed every day if you can or at most every second day. The more regularly you feed the better the plants and buds grow.

If you can keep them at just the right amount (no burnt tips) then the flush will be a piece of piss and the buds will taste awesome ;)

If you're asking at what time of day you should feed then it don't matter - just do it when is convenient to you.

Good luck with the cheese fella.

Hey thanks for your advise top man will be giving it all ago iv heard some people feed upto 3 times a day using coco soil is this in flowering stage?

Hey thanks for your advise top man will be giving it all ago iv heard some people feed upto 3 times a day using coco soil is this in flowering stage?

Some do water/feed 3x daily in coco,and usually report slightly better yields, but ime it's a neglible difference.

As it's your first coco grow, i'd just stick to daily first time round, focus on getting the correct ec through reading your plants, and getting the environment dialed in.

Experiment with differing watering regimes when you've got 1 or 2 under your belt, and all the other elements are dialed in and optimized.

The important thing is to aim for 10-20% run off on each watering.

atb

Edited by wu-tang-sam
  • Like 1