This ere Monkey gone coco for some Sweet Seeds.

Guest Viva

Guest La Viva Sativa

Its just a little device you stick in your groom that records temps and humidity then you plug it into the usb slot on your laptop via a cable and you get results.

My evolution controller controls my fans. :yinyang::yinyang::skin_up:

Hey 'sup Viva :wink: .

Lovin the stat's man. That temp's V's humidity graph is cool. Very interesting how when the stat's change they're like a mirror image of each other, well in general like :spliff: .

And that light stick!, well, me got to get me one of those in the future 4sure :smug: .

Crackin stuff so far man, keep it comin :guitar:

peace :hippy:

Guest La Viva Sativa

Hey 'sup Viva :wink: .

Lovin the stat's man. That temp's V's humidity graph is cool. Very interesting how when the stat's change they're like a mirror image of each other, well in general like :spliff: .

And that light stick!, well, me got to get me one of those in the future 4sure :smug: .

Crackin stuff so far man, keep it comin :guitar:

peace :hippy:

yeah cheers bong buddy, yeah a do love me gadgets lol.. yeah im gonna be doing more plyin about wi them through the diary so stay tuned hopefully gonna be inventive if anything else lol.

stay safe and happy growin buddy. :yinyang::skin_up:

Guest La Viva Sativa

Enviroment update

well my kw ballast and lamp arrived today so set it up and been running it since 7pm ive got 12" from canopy with the fan just blowing under the grostar onto the lamp, i held my hand on the canopy for a couple mins and no heat at all so just gonna keep an eye out incase a get any light bleaching with the lamp being so close.The temps with the new kw lamp are great currently sitting at 27.C and 55-60% rh.

well that it for now will be doing some light test over the wekend so ill be back wi an update .

post-49400-0-44585200-1318544658_thumb.jpg

Temps and rh with kw lamp in place.(sorry bit fuzzy its the leds on the controller)

post-49400-0-29385400-1318544667_thumb.jpg

Lamp distance from canopy 12"

post-49400-0-48870700-1318544679_thumb.jpg

Fan blowing just under the grostar onto lamp to take any heat away.

Good night and stay safe 420er's. :yinyang:

Edited by La Viva Sativa

Hey Viva , looking real good.

For what its worth i've got my lamp at 8-10 " from the canopy , do you think its better further back ? I don't have a circulating fan but i have an active input coming in under the canopy.

Cheers

Edited by troy

Guest La Viva Sativa

Hey Viva , looking real good.

For what its worth i've got my lamp at 8-10 " from the canopy , do you think its better further back ? I don't have a circulating fan but i have an active input coming in under the canopy.

Cheers

yo buddy ive no had a chance to play about wi the light meter yet so i just put the lamp at 12"s as there was no heat there and also i have a fan blowing across the canaopy at the lamp.

basically you want the lamp as close to the canopy as possible but also you want a decent light spread across the canopy aswell no point have your shade 10" from the canopy if the plants in the corners and sides are hardly getting any light basically its a catch 22 as you want the lamp as close as possible for good penetration of the canopy but you also want a decent spread of light so all the canopy is getting a decent amout of light s you can see from my first readings that the sides and corners are never gonna get same as the centre but you just need to find a happy medium.

troy basicaally try get as close as possible hold back hand on canopy for a minute or so if it dont get hot then your ok there then keep an eye out for leaves cupping inwards or bleaching of the leaves as sometimes you still get no heat but the intensity of the lamp being so close can bleach the leaves. once this is done look to make sure that none your plant tops are in the shade( or if ya got a light meter you can adjust position and height of the reflector to get the spread and postion of lamp spot on) if so you might want to lift your shade a little to get a better light spread(better reflectors give better light spread) this is were a decent reflector comes in handy as you can get a decent light spread and get them close without burning and a better light penetration(ie grostars).

ill hopefully get a chance to get some readings done later on and ill post them up for ya to have a look.

take care and speak soon buddy.

edit: to correct spelling lol

Edited by La Viva Sativa
  • Like 1

Guest La Viva Sativa

Tidy Tidy Sir :)

Would expect nothing less;)

Nice work bruv

cheers buddy just cant wait to get the girls germed and get some plant pics in here a diary this long with no plants just looks weird lol:yinyang::skin_up:

just cant wait to get the girls germed and get some plant pics in here a diary this long with no plants just looks weird lol:yinyang::skin_up:

I was thinking that myself LVS lol I thought you were doing a Vince and doing a seedless grow.

I've just got myself a lux meter and it's pretty interesting how quickly the light drops off - a very useful tool.

Good luck with your grow and in the competition :yinyang: I'll pop back when there's something to look at lol

Guest hantshaze

Looking spot on so far LVS mate :yep:

Keep the good work going and I wish you well with ya grow & diary :wink:

Atb,

HantsHaze...........:smokin:

Guest La Viva Sativa

Cheers chili buddy.

I've just got myself a lux meter and it's pretty interesting how quickly the light drops off - a very useful tool.

Yeah man its amazing how fast the light drops off am gonna have a wee play about with the meter tonight as i aint tested the new kw lamp out on the meter yet.

Good luck with your grow and in the competition :yinyang: I'll pop back when there's something to look at

im no promising they be anything to look at but there will be some plants to look at lol... cheers buddy and stay safe and take care. :yinyang::skin_up:

Looking spot on so far LVS mate :yep:

Keep the good work going and I wish you well with ya grow & diary :wink:

Atb,

HantsHaze...........:smokin:

cheers hantz buddy and all the best to u buddy hopefully be a great competion and loads quality diarys full of cracking bud.

happy growin bro and stay safe. :yinyang::skin_up:

Edited by La Viva Sativa

Guest La Viva Sativa

I'm so impressed by your 'techyness' LVS :):yep:

cheeers thicky, its the techyness that gets me through the grows certainly aint ma green fingers lol

cheers for stopin by and all the best in the comp and happy growin and stay safe.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey mate, I just hacked my way through the undergrowth to drop in and check out the competition. A 1Kw light is a bit of an LBF(Le bigfucker), but is a nice bit of kit to have. I have upgraded my lights too, but I just added another 400w hps. I have 800w in the same space as you and can see the wisdom of a bigger light, but prefer the idea of having two lights. Interesting stuff you have to say about the light metre and spread too. I personally thought that getting another light in there would be better than one big one in the middle, it certainly gives a bloody good light spread having the two. It'll be interesting to see how they turn out.

I was thinking about going to coco too, but thought about how often they need watering! All the best with the diary, someone said you're on of the competitors to watch out for. I'll be back with a big handful of Lemon Kush (once it's finished) and my hammock. That's if I can find my way out of this jungle, I'm sure I just saw a snake, wish I'd paid for a guide....