Is This Thrips ?

DuBBuD

I'm really not sure if this is thrip damage or not. The pictures don't quite show that there is a slight silver around some of the marks.

Do you think it looks like thrip damage, or am i totally mis diagnosing lol

I'm gutted, i have never had these before. These killers are not even 3 weeks old yet :wallbash:

They are in PM soil, and oonly been fed PM root stim and PM bio silicon.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

post-36110-0-19921400-1299016366_thumb.jpg

post-36110-0-46868200-1299016389_thumb.jpg

post-36110-0-10488800-1299016398_thumb.jpg

post-36110-0-96329300-1299016405_thumb.jpg

post-36110-0-36900200-1299016412_thumb.jpg

post-36110-0-62375000-1299016422_thumb.jpg

the best way to spot thrips is to hold the plant between you and the light and look on the undersides of the leaves ...tou may notice little black spots that slowly move .....thats thrips ... best way to get shut of them is to get one of those pump action plant mister things .. put a drop of washing up liquid in the water ...and blast the shit out of them ..concentrating on the undersides of the leaves ....and then next day when dry ..a spraying of organic pest control spray

but dont fret your plants will be fine

Edited by pete8376

I have checked under the leaves, there is definitely nothing moving. I did think there might have been eggs under them, but they were only potted up a few days ago, and had a bit of soil on the underside from being turned upside down lol

Thrip damage can show on the upper leaf as paler parts to the leaf with a slight silvery sheen as the clorophil literally gets sucked out. They are clearly visible with the nacked eye. So If you've checked and found none then then no that isn't thrips..

Edited by madgiz

the best way to spot thrips is to hold the plant between you and the light and look on the undersides of the leaves ...tou may notice little black spots that slowly move .....thats thrips

That`s spider mites mate

• 2 weeks later...

if its thrips mate id treat them striaght away

they bread like fuck when it gets hot

i lefted them as it didnt seem they were doing much damage at first

my intake broke for a few days(causing my temp to shoot) and there was hundreds of them

treated them with a 250ml bottle of Pyrethrum 5 EC natural organic insecticide controls aphids

you can spray when the lights are on

also some gnat off in the mix to kill the eggs

it always best kill any bugs before the plants flower then your not spraying your buds