Paganism

bakebeano

Love to know how anti-globalism and paganism go together? Don't mean to be rude but it sort of says you don't understand one or the other.
:ninja:

...didn't say they do, i could if i wanted find some common ground both topics share.

As pagans believe in one planet, one race, and no borders, I'd be very surprised if you could.

Love to know how anti-globalism and paganism go together? Don't mean to be rude but it sort of says you don't understand one or the other.
:rofl:

...didn't say they do, i could if i wanted find some common ground both topics share.

As pagans believe in one planet, one race, and no borders, I'd be very surprised if you could.

This is more like it.

Finally we are getting there.

Firstly don't assume what people believe, try to understand what they are saying.

Secondly, just take a moment, close your eyes, and empty your self of negativity and

all thoughts, and see if you can think of absolutely nothing for at least 5 minnits.

This is, in this day and age is quite a task.

This is the begging of awareness and absolute nothing.

Ask your self, do i matter, is this it......

Thank fuck for spell checkers :unsure:

just take a moment, close your eyes, and empty your self of negativity and

all thoughts, and see if you can think of absolutely nothing for at least 5 minnits.

An impossible task, I'd say, unless there is some technique involved? Edited by ninorc

just take a moment, close your eyes, and empty your self of negativity and

An impossible task, I'd say, unless there is some technique involved?

There is no technique just good old practice. This is the beginning of self awareness. There are shortcuts to get to this state of mind,

with the use of drugs or alcohol, but most pagan or religious groups don't think this is a good idea, as it becomes a crutch and stops the natural process from working properly. :ohmygod:

There is no technique just good old practice. This is the beginning of self awareness.

Yes, but in my understanding as a Vipassana student, practice consists of the regular exercise of a particular technique, that is taught over the course of a ten day silent retreat. It is very specific and quite arduous. If you can still your mind for five minutes without employing any technique, then I would estimate that you are a very talented meditator and would urge you to learn Vipassana - it's a free course - and see how it works for you. :unsure:

Guest grandad
Is Ilmar a hobbit? he looks like one

i thought he was an Ewok...?

is better than getting shot out of a cannon in a circus.

There is no technique just good old practice. This is the beginning of self awareness.

Yes, but in my understanding as a Vipassana student, practice consists of the regular exercise of a particular technique, that is taught over the course of a ten day silent retreat. It is very specific and quite arduous. If you can still your mind for five minutes without employing any technique, then I would estimate that you are a very talented meditator and would urge you to learn Vipassana - it's a free course - and see how it works for you. :spliff:

Is Vipassanna some branch of Buddhism, if so the difference between Buddhism and paganism meditation technique is Buddhism looks within, and paganism looks out of the self.

Is Vipassanna some branch of Buddhism, if so the difference between Buddhism and paganism meditation technique is Buddhism looks within, and paganism looks out of the self.
Vipassana is the technique the Buddha taught - that's all he taught - but the 'ism' is irrelevant and the technique is universal. It is about self observation, with the intention of separating from self, or ceasing to identify with concepts of self. No belief is required, it is a simple (but rigorous) meditation technique, that, likesay, is taught for free over ten day silent retreats. Google can tell anyone who may be interested the rest...

Hey Ninorc,

Just had a butchers at the ten day course you mentioned. Its something I'm interested in and I thinkning of giving it a go. It does look, to me, like quite a difficult course. I think I'm someone used to pretty much constant stimulation from waking to sleeping. The thought of ten days without books, music, talking etc sounds like it might be quite an intense thing to do.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a Pagan Rune reader

All the info is out there in the collective folk subconscious,just need to know how to tap into it !

Guest daviie

Agree with Ninorc, without a specific technique, you would be doing well if you stop all thoughts for more than ten seconds. Funnily enough if you try a second time soon after you'll get less success. If you're succeeding for ten minutes you probably are just thinking you are, which sort of defeats the purpose.

As has already been stated, Christianity did a really good job of blotting out everything before it.

By pillaging, killing and converting.

Neo Paganism is what we are left with today, resynthesised ideas.

There are some traces of ancient Paganism left in Scotland & England.

Mainly Sun and crop worship.

The Green Man is an interesting Pagan relic which you should check out.

Also check out The Gundestrup cauldron.

Btw "Paganism" just like "Witch"

Is actually a Christian Slur

• Like 1

As has already been stated, Christianity did a really good job of blotting out everything before it.

By pillaging, killing and converting.

Neo Paganism is what we are left with today, resynthesised ideas.

There are some traces of ancient Paganism left in Scotland & England.

Mainly Sun and crop worship.

The Green Man is an interesting Pagan relic which you should check out.

Also check out The Gundestrup cauldron.

Btw "Paganism" just like "Witch"

Is actually a Christian Slur

Why does christianity , as one of the newer religions have to dismiss paganism? I mean where or what religion is most in tune and original?

I'm agnostic but i feel pagans had a greater understanding of our habitat/environment and since christianity astrology was forgotten about and now re-discovered, this is very apparent when you take newgrange,pyramids and stonehenge into account.

I'd imagine there was equal status amonst all men and women in pagan times.

The calendar was used aqs a guide and ogham stones kept reference to dates and events in the year, also the trees native to the areas.

Was there anything before paganism?