Any Drum And Bass Lovers Out There

Guest oldskoolsmoker

Nice to see drum&bass still relevant in 2024! I’m old enough to have witnessed its genesis post breakbeat and countless other fallen genres (2-step, hard step, garage).. but d&b still strong! ✊🏼

• Like 2

DnB/Jungle is timeless 👍

When I hear old garage most of it hasn't aged well.

• Like 1

Agreed, but I feel intelligent drum & bass became the most tiresome offshoot, sorry LtJ Bukem crew, had some good moments but mostly bland.. 😇

• Haha 2

I remember this dropping for the first time. LTJ Bucken was 25 years before his time was completely different from everybody and anything else. RAGE at Heaven on a Thursday Night was something to experience. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Slippy One said:

Agreed, but I feel intelligent drum & bass became the most tiresome offshoot, sorry LtJ Bukem crew, had some good moments but mostly bland.. 😇

Quite liked PFM me.

Don’t get me wrong, Bukem and MC Conrad used to put on a fine show with their niche, done many a nights grooving away but I found after about an hour I yearned for something more chaotic, scare your granny hardstep. Andy C nights at The End, then a few years later dubstep took centre stage. 😁

and DJ’s on bikes like Dom, Chase & Status on the Brits, drum and bass never truly went away! 

and where’s dubstep now?  Eaten by Grime back in 2009. 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slippy One said:

Andy C

One of the goats 👍

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Anyone know the song that has lyrics something like  "certainly this certainty that"?

Never mind mind, found it lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 1

I prefer this version

Better drum beat

• Like 1