Any Drum And Bass Lovers Out There

Guest oldskoolsmoker

Just now, stummer said:

Dnb on the decline or am I just out of touch? Seems most raves these days are house. Only going off my sister n nights she has out. Remember when every Friday there was a drums event in london. Don’t mind a bit of house as I’ve got older don’t get me wrong. Just remember when fabric was always drums. Had a butchers n was saddened by the line ups lol 

The Dnb scene seems alive and well here in the South West, lots of local DJ's playing regularly in town and at some of the summer field raves.

Went to see Jumpin Jack Frost in a local club and Kenny Ken in a cave last year too.

• Like 3

Ah yeah it could be me being out of touch. Just I remember so many labels would have a certain night. Playaz is gone ffs n metal heads. I’ll have a butchers soon. In two minds about boom town tbh but know I’ll need a week off work to recover lol 

• Like 1

I've just spotted this thread, lots of tunes to revisit and hear for the first time.

I was embedded in the Rave movement in the early 90s, loved it, had some great times. Listened to mostly Hardcore & D&B, still do! Love the mixes on Soundcloud, wish I still had all those mix tapes I used to have.

I was living down south at the time, went to a lot of clubs in London but the best nights for me were the all-nighters at Sterns just outside Worthing near Brighton, run by Interdance. Anyone else have the pleasure of experiencing the Sterns underground? 

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to hear where the original come from. Tbh I hadn’t heard the tune in years, mate at work had it on his playlist. Straight away his onto me to let him know if I go any raves once his back from his holiday lol .

Cant go wrong with metalheadz either. That slow down I’ve heard that used before I’m sure on another tune that I’m gonna hunt for now. Is another tune from my rave days I remember bits off but searching always brings up something else. Gonna be on a mission for the next hour to try find it. 

@twigs already found the tune where I have heard that slow down vocal before. Guessing yours is the original but I remember hearing this drop. 

Edited by stummer
  • Like 2