Any Drum And Bass Lovers Out There

Guest oldskoolsmoker

Yes yes. Found you all!

When i left primary school, this is around 1990, my brother was following the burgeoning house scene with his friends in Secondary school. So I had access to loads of tapes and flyers and music. My brothers and I all got in to music and our friends did, too. We went out to clubs and raves and heard Jungle evolve out of the sound. Our rave days were that whole transition from House to Jungle and then through to D&B. We got decks, put on events, some of our friends did big events and started producing. Some of them run record companies now and are DJing around the world.

We spent a lot of time at The Que Club in Birmingham, Flashback, Atomic Jam and also places like Quest and right at the beginning, if you remember it, Wobble. We loved Helter Skelter and big tent raves; I've had loads of impromput motorway jaunts and many NYE's with my hands in the lasers. Some of the most enlightening times in my life and the brightest most fun. Also some of the most tragic and horrific and saddest have been experienced while I enjoyed that world.

Found out a while ago that a family associate has an online 'oldschool' D&B radio show and there's loads and loads of classic DJ's on there all the time.

I have always kept my 1200's and had new cartridges for Christmas. My deck stand is bent in storage so i just need to press it out and find some speakers and I'M BACK.

• Like 2

Any you dnb bods around the notts area 2008-2013.   Was big into a few nights then. Regular at stealth and detonate nights. House mate was trent FM DJ and had spots most detonates. 

Miss stealth so much so dark and dirty. So many good DJ. DJ marky scratching upside down to yellow shoes and more. Calibre super long ace sets. Also  browns was asick small bar before it closed. Got to see chaser Ans status preview of more than alot with like 50 people and stamina MC going wild. Ace ace set Neve forget. 

1 hour ago, Keye said:

We spent a lot of time at The Que Club in Birmingham, Flashback, Atomic Jam and also places like Quest and right at the beginning, if you remember it, Wobble.

Where it all started for me. 14 years old... my older sister and her mates dressed me up to blend in and gave me my first taste of a rave. The rest was history. 

I honestly don't listen to much these days but when I do it's usually spacey, jazzy and playful. Every now and again I like to shock out to some ruff neck amen breaks tho :D Must find my old box of mix tapes!

• Like 1

One of my faves. Fuck me if I don't get a flashback from all the drugs every time that break hits. Nostalgia stings so hard my eyes wet themselves lol 

• Like 4

@stummerI think we're off the same dnb age. All the same names. Up the deep n soulful liquid dnb. 

Any one done outlook and dimensions festival in Pula Croatia? Massive bass festival in a old fort for 2 weeks. Lost my mind on acid there it's still not come back. 

• Like 1

Fkin yes found the fker 

He used a fag packet to keep the needle on the deck. If I remember rightly. 

Edited by growinggold
  • Like 2