Any Drum And Bass Lovers Out There

Guest oldskoolsmoker

Just now, Mestizo said:

They probably weren't playing good stuff plus if you're old, like me, you feel like a twat moving round 20 year olds coz a lot of them are acting up, playing the fool.

no and no mate i dont look my age i look late 30 s 

they were playing a mix of old skool and new stuff . like i said after around 80 or so minutes the excitement soon goes away .

maybe its because i listen to so many different styles of music d and b just seems a bit lacking in creativity in general 

• Like 1

lets be honest when out the dj must play bangers not the creative stuff cos it dont work at parties .

so thats what im saying about a lack of creativity 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, catfish said:

lets be honest when out the dj must play bangers not the creative stuff cos it dont work at parties .

so thats what im saying about a lack of creativity 

Yeah. There is a big debate about loudness of tracks - bangers are often louder and the musical, intelligent stuff isn't as much. The bangers are like commercials on TV, over compressed to make them loud and stand out so people can't help but look at the TV. The same with DnB bangers. There are places where I've heard good, musical DnB but mostly in clubs which are obviously not popular due to the rona and bad press. I've sort of over simplified there. I have a first class degree in Music Tech you see. Not bigging myself up just trying not to be patronizing.

• Like 2

i didnt see you post like that at all mate . its good to chat with fellow music lovers after all its all music 

@Mestizo

Edited by catfish
  • Like 1

Just now, catfish said:

i didnt see you post like that at all mate . its good to chat with fellow music lovers after all its all music 

Nuff love Catfish. Music is therapy for me. Have a bless week.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Gonna have to hit a rave for old times sake once we're able again. When I think back it was some the best times of my life. Going every weekend so see the same faces n feel like you was at home. All weekend off my nut and coming home jeans stuffed with scrunched up scores. Sleep all monday and by time feeling back to yourself your basically at friday. That's if you didn't have a mid week turn out n get messy then too. Suppose everyone thinks their time was the best time init lol . Went raving every weekend without fail n still wish I done more.  Knew it was good times at the time but didn't quite know how good it was until it's come to an end, bit like school in that sense. 

• Like 1

Was a proper good night/morning out. Funny hearing it back and hearing some tunes I had forgot about. Remember them dropping a few dark dnb tunes least thats what I called it. Proper used to love that sort of drums. Deffo abused it all lol remember one tune from this night being played constantly in mates cars. Waking up n just cracking on with the beers and whatever else. At a time in everyones life where all us mates was on the same shit, not just drugs but having the freedom to do what we wanted. Craving a night of drums more than the pubs opening tbh. 

• Like 1

Both tunes just always stayed in my head because the vocals. I couldn't find the second one when searching the words on Google. Thought I wonder if...grabbed a proper old phone out of the draw. Remember the days of msn messenger? Wouldn't want your mates seeing the name of the tunes your playing so they could download em on limewire lol . Fucking came back to bite me on the arse as I renamed all my songs. Anyway found it using shazam thankfully. Tell you what else is a laugh, hadn't turned the phone on in years. Loads of old photos of us gurning at raves. Couple of photos with a few birds in the bedroom too lol . Can't even be too judgemental on the kids of today n their dumb ways. Guess its an immaturity thing but over a certain age there's no excuse. Is photos of us holding money and stuff. Proper cringe worthy lol .Gonna have to show my mate n get em uploaded onto the computer for the memories before I bin the phone.

• Like 2

im not a fan of this style but its one of molly`s tunes . my pal gave her , her first gig at a night called drumgle . shes a good lass really she pretends to be a badgirl