Any Drum And Bass Lovers Out There

Guest oldskoolsmoker

On 4/25/2019 at 2:40 PM, GreenPirate said:

Then there was this that changed the dance a lot!!

Paired with Hyper D,,"Get pon the floor and do the hooooooligan'a"

this and omni trio renegade snares were on all time at mine as a youth.

me couple of mates a teenth and a couple of cans of permagas  :no: = no braincells for a weekend lol 

• Like 4

My fav glub .and the best glub in my book was the Eclipse  in cov.Even when it chan ged to the edge was still banging nights.When those lazers would hit the broken glass on the side.It was like it was raining lazer beams.Hands down best glub and vibe.Still have loads of tapes and flyers from back in the days.

Went   down to  sanctuary  many times.Did a few dreamscapes  and  hysteria pure x Loved the place. With rollers next door.And the fair outside,  i would be off my tits sniffing poppers .And then go on the cyclone.Tripping and pilling my head off.Talking about not being able to stand up tripping your tits off .What a feeling lol.

When everyone blow their horns the sound was just  make your hairs stand on the back of your neck.

Pleasure dome i in casta dell skeg.They was some good nights.

I was more into my old skool then i was jungle.Though i did like the early jungle techno alot.Kinetic, was another good glub as was starlight and venue 44.Went to sheff  a few times to a club called sad mac still have my plastic memebership card.It was  at a place called  whicker arches I think.Was abit like a miners welfare.Some good messy night there though .

Went to a night in Leeds  last year  called rejuvenation.

I have to say the place it was like going back intime.One of the best nights i have had in along time.The vibe, was just like back in early 90 .Just everyone abit fatter and bolder.And slower lol

Still did not stop everyone getting off their heads.If your in or around the Leeds area.

It really is one of the best rave nights out .5 rooms oldskool  house techno  breakbeat. and jungle.

I know its not jungle well some is.Its just a wicked set.From back in the days.

And this is one of my all time fav tunes .Just a bad ass tune.

Edited by hashi
  • Like 4

On 25/04/2019 at 3:13 PM, InTheSystem said:

No mate, Helter Skelter was my first dnb night and then Westfest my first festival.. Could only find 2 of the copies:

large.DSC01751.JPG

My technics have been through probably 40 raves back in the day so excuse them... They work just like they did 10 years ago still though ;) 

Bad Company - The Nine

banging tune 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, InTheSystem said:

MC's can really cause havoc and ruin the music, Agreed lol  They can also compliment the set well.... Tonn Piper in my opinion is a great MC with Andy C, he rarely spits lyrics, he just adds a bit of life and interaction with the crowd and has Andy's back if there is a technical issue or problems with vinyls.. Some of the skips and rewinds where he steps in, most people would probably not even notice he is covering up a fuck up haha MC Stamina was always a great one to see amongst others (mostly Jungle as you are saying, Ragga Twins, General Levy etc).. But yes, these MC's like SASASAS? (Skibadee, Shotta, Ecksman etc) - never been a big fan of, people seem to love them though.

lol yeah see I can't stand that shit or even those type of jump up beats. I don't mind mc det but he sometimes jumps on those shitty beats but I guess a mans got to eat. He looks like he eats plenty as well lol 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, InTheSystem said:

But yes, these MC's like SASASAS? (Skibadee, Shotta, Ecksman etc)

that stuff`s all a bit muggy if you ask me.

racing commentry fuck shit lyrics with no content with lots of repetition to be frank boring and unimaginative.

as mentioned stamina is a good one the bloke with andy c is good too i like GQ .

for me (joke alert) the best mc in the world is mc free zone ..........................ill get my cap.

Edited by catfish
  • Like 2

The only tune that gets a pass would have to be this lol Only for the lyrics at the start. Was literally only played in the car because of that. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stummer said:

I like sp mc as well, this type of spitting and beats are right up my street.

Cracking set. best of Friday IMO... Skeptical is the minimal rolling king lol 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One the things I have always loved about most underground music, especially drum n bass is that simplicity is the key.

This song is one of the bet in that genre I have heard since some of the early jump up stuff. That low hrtz bass running under that techno b-line. Wicked.

You cant be a dnb head and not have this tune make you move. :dj:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been on a bit of a classic DnB heavy roller binge today. Got this on vinyl, god I miss the 1210's. :punk:

Edited by iBMe
  • Like 2