Any Drum And Bass Lovers Out There

Guest oldskoolsmoker

3 minutes ago, catfish said:

did you go to a.w.o.l at  the paradise club?

No mate, Helter Skelter was my first dnb night and then Westfest my first festival.. Could only find 2 of the copies:

large.DSC01751.JPG

My technics have been through probably 40 raves back in the day so excuse them... They work just like they did 10 years ago still though ;) 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, catfish said:

AWOL goes to the Ministry! Some noise ;)

Made it to SW1 quite a few nights when they were there.

I'm not sure I went to anything at Paradise but I know I did not goto AWOL there, did it change names over the years?

Roller Express, Bagleys, Linfords, SE1, Palace, Camden, Rocket, Astoria, Club Lab and loads more + bigger events around the country.

Chances are our paths would have crossed.

I missed Sterns as well, was fucking gutted about that! I was supposed to go to a few nights there :(

• Like 1

was it 3rd-base on northampton rd near milton keynes? (very low ceiling, garage across the road, in the middle of know where )

and prism on cowley Rd for a jungle boogie + free parties around oxford

dirty sweaty goodtimes lol 

• Like 2

Just now, twigs said:

was it 3rd-base on northampton rd near milton keynes? (very low ceiling, garage across the road, in the middle of know where )

Old school! Coven was my era of Ox... Raves up the ridgeway etc way back in the day lol 

• Like 1

Just now, twigs said:

I made it up to Cambridge a few nights as I quite like the Junction and the people were friendly there.

Sanctuary we were always there

Stevenage for United Dance

Temptation in the College dining hall/Car park, was that Oxford or Cambridge.

I've got all my flyers and some tickets tucked away in case they ever go up in value. Last time I looked they were buying by the kilo but that was a few years back lol

• Like 3

Sanctuary forgot all about that place lol  found that place when we couldn't get tickets for Fantasia 

im working with someone (dj) that knows mr Fantasia from back in the day before Fantasia was set up?

can't  remember  his name now lol 

• Like 2

On 4/25/2019 at 3:03 PM, catfish said:

after speaking to a mate last night about things we went to, he reckons we went to one.. I have no fecking clue about the night, I don't even remember the club!

According to him we went to sterns as well, I vaguely remember that after he described what happened as we were young. Still don't remember the night just the back bit.

I'm usually good with nights out and remember quite a bit, these two.. wiped from memory!

Thank fuck we did not have cameras, some twat would have pulled a video out of me off my swede on the speakers with a horn.. "yeah we did, look, that's you!!"

• Like 1

Wasn't so keen on this at first but brother got me liking mefjus,

Can't beat this classic 

I remember being dropped just as I came up, those ones where you just have to breath out lol everyone passing you just nodding their head as they gurn..knowing how great you feel

Edited by stummer
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, stummer said:

Wasn't so keen on this at first but brother got me liking mefjus,

Not a big fan of the whole Neurofunk vibe sometimes, it has a lot of mingling with hardtek, uptempo, frenchcore in the rave scene now and just changing the vibe at parties from the old V-recordings, RAM dancefloor and of course Junglists vibes. I appreciate the production talents of Mefjus, Noisia, Phace etc and in it's own right is great, but a long with Jump Up styles like Macky Gee has changed DnB a lot.. 

LTJ Bukem though... Now you are talking! Atlantis is a tune!

• Like 2

Yeah I get what you mean, too much of it would probably do my nut in. It has just grown on me a little what with my brother. V recordings, was one of their nights that was my first rave. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stummer said:

Yeah I get what you mean, too much of it would probably do my nut in. It has just grown on me a little what with my brother. V recordings, was one of their nights that was my first rave. 

Sure - I have good mates who mix only Neurofunk and Jump Up.. There are tracks I do like and have seen most of the big artists live at DnB events over the years.. I just don't like the way in general it brings a 'hard style' vibe to events/parties in the same way Jump Up will attract a more "rude boi/chav" type crowd? lol Not sure if that is fair to say, it is just my observation. I have been involved with organising events/parties and have mixed drum and bass/jungle for 12 years - I am biased, so take what I say with a pinch of salt :) 

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 1

Just now, InTheSystem said:

Sure - I have good mates who mix only Neurofunk and Jump Up.. There are tracks I do like and have seen most of the big artists live at DnB events over the years.. I just don't like the way in general it brings a 'hard style' vibe to events/parties in the same way Jump Up will attract a more "rude boi/chav" type crowd? lol Not sure if that is fair to say, it is just my observation. I have been involved with organising events/parties and have mixed drum and bass/jungle for 12 years - I am biased, so take what I say with a pinch of salt :) 

Nah you are bang on lol I can't stand jump up tbh. I don't mind an mc to certain types of dnb such as your jungle and god knows whatever name they call the other stuff I like. The jump up stuff though with an mc talking absolute bollocks gets on my tits tbh. Plus as you say it tends to bring the little wanna be chav types as well. Skinny little mugs with less fat than a chip who wanna act the bad boy at a rave. Funny how they still have enough sense to know which people to try act hard around lol . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stummer said:

Nah you are bang on lol I can't stand jump up tbh. I don't mind an mc to certain types of dnb such as your jungle and god knows whatever name they call the other stuff I like. The jump up stuff though with an mc talking absolute bollocks gets on my tits tbh. Plus as you say it tends to bring the little wanna be chav types as well. Skinny little mugs with less fat than a chip who wanna act the bad boy at a rave. Funny how they still have enough sense to know which people to try act hard around lol . 

MC's can really cause havoc and ruin the music, Agreed lol  They can also compliment the set well.... Tonn Piper in my opinion is a great MC with Andy C, he rarely spits lyrics, he just adds a bit of life and interaction with the crowd and has Andy's back if there is a technical issue or problems with vinyls.. Some of the skips and rewinds where he steps in, most people would probably not even notice he is covering up a fuck up haha MC Stamina was always a great one to see amongst others (mostly Jungle as you are saying, Ragga Twins, General Levy etc).. But yes, these MC's like SASASAS? (Skibadee, Shotta, Ecksman etc) - never been a big fan of, people seem to love them though.

Edited by InTheSystem
  • Like 1