Any Drum And Bass Lovers Out There

Guest oldskoolsmoker

im not a lover of d and b. but i dont mind a bit every now and then.

not a fan of the "jump up" style as its not for me.

not sure what i like what dj`s or tunes. not sure what it is i do like about it.

it is what it is. im going to a d and b doo on the 28th got a couple of free tickets so im gonna put on me dancing pumps.

not sure if this is d and b but i like this.

• Like 2

@catfish Yeah. That's nice mate. I like it. It's like a slow jazzy d & b track. It's a slower beats per minute count than drum and bass but that doesn't mean anything. I did a quick search. Turns out those dudes are from Austria and are counted as "Funky club house", "Balearic downtempo" and "Broken beat/Nu Jazz" Lol. Makes me laugh the way art has to be categorised. Imagine going up to a dj in a club and asking for something Balearic downtempo - it'd be a raised eyebrow "ooooo..k" in response I'd imagine.

Anyway, here's a nice track by one of my fave artists Break who consistently bashes out funky high energy tunes.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, catfish said:

im not a lover of d and b. but i dont mind a bit every now and then.

not a fan of the "jump up" style as its not for me.

not sure what i like what dj`s or tunes. not sure what it is i do like about it.

it is what it is. im going to a d and b doo on the 28th got a couple of free tickets so im gonna put on me dancing pumps.

not sure if this is d and b but i like this.

Catfish look up liquidity on YouTube.

Its chill out drum and bass with vocals normally. Lovley stuff listen in the car too as its mellow and doesn't encourage you to speed =)

• Like 1

im aware of what is called liquid some of it is ok some quite cheesy im not into vocals dude for me a vocal sample is ok

song`s and d and b dont go together for me dubs all the way .

Edited by catfish
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Am oldskool.junglist myself that lived,breathed and experienced the jungle scene back in the 90s..Love all types of oldskool.junglism .not much of a fan of today's Dnb .

Heres one of my favs from Ed rush 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, catfish said:

@ Junglistsoldier .

have you heard of the pure science do`s?

Nah bro I ain't.Is that anything to do with Danny Breaks dropping science label?. not been to a do for years .since late 90s lol

They any good? I've seen videos of today's do's and ita juat kids filming with their phones swaying to some fuckin noise lol..Doesn't sound nothing like the jungle/dnb I love..

There is the odd 1 or 2 tracks I like that has been released..

PFM Has released a couple I like but that was a while ago including this one vv 

Edited by Junglistsoldier
  • Like 1

With "4am" being their most popular and well know track I actually prefer this one vvvv alot more..up the bass and volume and it's a banger 

• Like 1

@Junglistsoldier they don't make em like that anyone :yep:

Remember chatting with a mate in the early 2000s lamenting the decline of 'real' jungalism as d'n'b rose - he blamed lazy producers, much easier to knock out a tune with standard looped breaks than spend hours creating the dozens of cut-up drum and snare breaks that go into a 'true' jungle tune.... 

• Like 1

Guest Pau176

I’ve been into drum & bass since its birth in the 90’s. 

I only like the ambient & progressive D&B. 

Edited by Pau176

@Junglistsoldier nothing to do with that lot dude.

so the dudes who play at pure science are kenny ken ,randal ,ray kieth , ,andy c, darren j  ect ect ect

and a load of new one`s too. well new to me

• Like 2