What Makes Humans Unique

Cosmic Dick

War and Pollution !

I saw monkeys fight for teritory ,sure we can call that some form of war? Fight for teritory aka war

Polution ,hm i dont have answer on that :spliff:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cosmic Dick

• ratdog

• weed_G

• Boojum

Guest Dashboard Dice

We aren't unique. We tell ourselves were the most and best bit of evolution and therefore special.. But this, sadly, is a patting yourself on the back exercise of a foolish ape that thinks it's shit don't stink.. :spliff:

Simple its our belife that we are unique that makes us unique, (circular argument I know) so in essecene vanity, like PH said a while ago, the point about preening was a little off thou as preening is about self cleaning (birds cant fly with manky feathers, cats cant sneak up on things if they stink etc)nothing to do with them thinking "damn I'm fine" or "I'm so perfect that there is only one of me". Man is not the pinicle of evolution but just a stepping stone or evolutionary dead end..... the court is still out on this one.

Simple its our belife that we are unique that makes us unique, (circular argument I know) so in essecene vanity, like PH said a while ago, the point about preening was a little off thou as preening is about self cleaning (birds cant fly with manky feathers, cats cant sneak up on things if they stink etc)nothing to do with them thinking "damn I'm fine" or "I'm so perfect that there is only one of me". Man is not the pinicle of evolution but just a stepping stone or evolutionary dead end..... the court is still out on this one.

tel me what animal can do what we do ??

We aren't unique. We tell ourselves were the most and best bit of evolution and therefore special.. But this, sadly, is a patting yourself on the back exercise of a foolish ape that thinks it's shit don't stink.. :)

We sure do seem unique, you cant see a zebra growing weed indoors or operating brain or making a space shuttle...

Simple its our belife that we are unique that makes us unique, (circular argument I know) so in essecene vanity

, like PH said a while ago, the point about preening was a little off thou as preening is about self cleaning (birds cant fly with manky feathers, cats cant sneak up on things if they stink etc)nothing to do with them thinking "damn I'm fine" or "I'm so perfect that there is only one of me". Man is not the pinicle of evolution but just a stepping stone or evolutionary dead end..... the court is still out on this one.

Nice line :B):

Language.

That one is also interesting and worth thinking about,not that i have summin better to do ...so off to think about it :B):

the ability of abstraction.

:B):

Is that not imagination?

yes I guess it is :)

RE: language - many species communicate, from the humble bee to the higher mammals, as to the complexity of their language, I dunno, I lost my babelfish

Edited by Perfect Haze

We aren't unique. We tell ourselves were the most and best bit of evolution and therefore special.. But this, sadly, is a patting yourself on the back exercise of a foolish ape that thinks it's shit don't stink.. :B):

Hubris?

Guest Dashboard Dice
We aren't unique. We tell ourselves were the most and best bit of evolution and therefore special.. But this, sadly, is a patting yourself on the back exercise of a foolish ape that thinks it's shit don't stink.. :)

We sure do seem unique, you cant see a zebra growing weed indoors or operating brain or making a space shuttle...

Simple its our belife that we are unique that makes us unique, (circular argument I know) so in essecene vanity

, like PH said a while ago, the point about preening was a little off thou as preening is about self cleaning (birds cant fly with manky feathers, cats cant sneak up on things if they stink etc)nothing to do with them thinking "damn I'm fine" or "I'm so perfect that there is only one of me". Man is not the pinicle of evolution but just a stepping stone or evolutionary dead end..... the court is still out on this one.

Nice line :B):

Hubris?

HK, That's you saying it's better.. Your perception of greater doesn't make you better evolved than a blade of grass, that is better evolved, really...

CD, Spot on mate :)

Edited by Dashboard Dice

Empathy?

e2a scratch that:

"Some studies of animal behavior claim that empathy is not restricted to humans as the definition implies. Examples include dolphins saving humans (sympathy) from drowning or from shark attacks, and a multitude of behaviors observed in primates, both in captivity and in the wild. (See, for instance, Frans de Waal's The Ape and the Sushi Master.) Rodents have been shown to demonstrate empathy for cagemates (but not strangers) in pain.[65] Furthermore, humans can empathize with animals; as such, empathy is thought to be a driving psychological force behind the animal rights movement (an example of sympathy)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathy#With_animals

Edited by BumGravy

Empathy?

Elephants display empathy, so do some apes.

edit okay scratched

Edited by Cosmic Dick