• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cosmic Dick

• ratdog

• weed_G

• Boojum

Joe Rogan is a tool, It was Bill Hicks who did the routine before Joe even had his first joint.

Yeah, and? Joe Rogan has great material, he's a seasoned stand-up veteran, he's extremely pro-psychedelic and he's considerably less dead than Bill, so I don't see the problem with him having his own bits about a similar concept which originally came from McKenna.

Godsotherdevil has fucking amazing YouTube videos, all involving psychedelia, comedians and trance-y music:

It's a long time since I read his stuff but I'm pretty sure Terence McKenna was also keen on the idea that shrooms (or more accurately tryptamines) played an important role in human evolution and the development of consciousness.

I'm pretty sure Hicks and Rogan both got the theory from reading McKenna's work.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching Dragnet, and Sgt. Friday (Dan Akroyd's character) suggests that there are only 2 things that distinguish humans from animals - 1) we use cutlery and 2) we can control our sexual urges..

so, can anyone find an example of an animal using cutlery? Because I think that the Dragnet writers have the answer to this thread's question. lol

Guest grandad

i was thinking its the ability to skin up. i've never heard of an animal skinning up a joint.

Just watching Dragnet, and Sgt. Friday (Dan Akroyd's character) suggests that there are only 2 things that distinguish humans from animals - 1) we use cutlery and 2) we can control our sexual urges..

so, can anyone find an example of an animal using cutlery? Because I think that the Dragnet writers have the answer to this thread's question. :yes:

Apes use twigs to eat with when eating certain types of food, and as a Cutler myself I can say my dog used me mercilessly many time, to clear up his shit before my sister got home and discovered he had crapped in her bedroom again. Well, god bless him, he was only trying to use the toilet, her bedroom was right next to the toilet, but the door wasn't always open and as it was a slide door he couldn't nuzzle it open. So, he used me to help him avoid the wrath of my wicked evil twisted sister.

Edited by Hir

and as a Cutler myself I can say my dog used me mercilessly many time, to clear up his shit before my sister got home and discovered he had crapped in her bedroom again. Well, god bless him, he was only trying to use the toilet, her bedroom was right next to the toilet, but the door wasn't always open and as it was a slide door he couldn't nuzzle it open. So, he used me to help him avoid the wrath of my wicked evil twisted sister.

Are you a dog Hir? :smoke:

Being aware of our own inevitable demise amongst many other things of course eg art , music, being able to read, complex communication of ideas, planning, religion.

Being aware of our own inevitable demise

I`m all to aware of it thanks :(

Thats good , ur not an animal then, oh no ur a ratdog, sorry man

Evolution gave us a mutation in that the 2 halves of our brain are ever so slightly different. This makes our thought processes able to analyse with a form of fuzzy logic to see faces in clouds etc. We get a 3d view of the world, unlike other animals.