"they Grow Up Fast These Days."

Boojum

Gay agenda?!!?! fucking 'ell, I'll come have to back to this one after a few sharp intakes of breath.

.. now thats funny, have tears running down my face.. lol

:wub:lol @.. martin and HvyFuel

lol

Gay agenda?!!?! fucking 'ell, I'll come have to back to this one after a few sharp intakes of breath.

Forgive me, perhaps it wasn't the right term, but I couldn't think of anything else at the time, thats what came to mind.

I accept there was no agenda.

CD

Guest Nunsacred
....It sounds a fuddy duddy thing to say but children aren't being allowed to be children any more.
But it's the kids who want to grow up fast, so it's misleading to say that. It's more like they're not being forced to remain children anymore.

What's been lost is the concept that kids are ignorant and have no say.

We even have car adverts aimed at kids - I've heard it described as "pester power"; this concept that kids have a say in important financial decisions.

I think it's entirely laziness that's led to this situation. It's not 'enlightened' to let kids use the adult internet unsupervised, or decide on their own school curriculum.

It's just a relunctance to say "no" and enforce sensible rules because someone else didn't bother and now their kids are the envy of the others.

Pre-victorian times you'd be tilling the fields or preggers by 14. I think it's the media making us think like cunts as usual.

:) @ my 'deliberate' error

Edited by Perfect Haze

I think children grew up much faster, say anywhere from 50 years and back into ancient history. They had children earlier (sex earlier), they went to work earlier (remember child labor?), they went to war earlier. Pedophiles were unknown and and harvested children indiscriminately (no I don't have a source for that, pure speculation on my part).

On the other hand, children are more worldly wise than ever before (as are most folks of most ages who have access to modern technology). And with more grown ups becoming children and not taking care of families, sometimes the children do grow up fast as they have no grown up to care for them. :smug:

I think grownups are always saying how kids grow up so fast these days as grownups feel the passing of the years more readily than children do. Also, grownups don't change that much after 20-25. Kids change a heck of a lot, especially from 0 to say 15 or so. Their body mass jumps a lot, their faces change, teeth fall out and get replaced and they develop sexually.

Given how much parents don't want their children to grow up (so they are still cute and huggable) I'm not surprised at all grown ups find that children "grow up fast".

Edited by Randalizer

I think children grew up much faster, say anywhere from 50 years and back into ancient history. They had children earlier (sex earlier), they went to work earlier (remember child labor?), they went to war earlier.

I'd agree with this. It's not that kids are more sexualised, it's that sexualisation is emphasised more now (not many folks live in a 2-room house with the parents fucking next to them, but loads of kids have access to magazines, internet sites, etc. about sex). The image (or idea) of it is far greater than the reality.

Pre-victorian times you'd be tilling the fields or preggers by 14. I think it's the media making us think like cunts as usual.

:rofl: As usual, if there is nothing newsworthy, take a benign subject and make it newsworthy.