What Is The Point Of Life?

Guest Logik

I believe in reincarnation, but I'm not sure of the mechanism. death.

I don't think we have to do it ourselves, don't worry.

phew, that's been keeping me up at night.

e2a @Hir. I love the fact that they do actually do a good job of summing up what it's all about in that little coda to the main film.

Edited by OG refugee #24601

*; What is the Point of your life?

any thoughts?

Honestly? The main point of my life now is to give my kid(s) a healthy upbringing.

I'm on a Quest, a quest to be the first tetraplegic to shoot his .... anyhoo

Python can't do better than that then why try, if we were all meant to have some spontaneous knowledge of what it's about then with the amount smoked here I'm sure we would have heard by now. That's assuming that what people have said about it being a Determinism universe where there is no meaning just random chance governed by scientific rules, isn't true.

I think mushes and cannabis without finite certainty sure give you a feeling that there is more, determinist just say that's the way the mix of chemicals in your head made you feel.

Edited by Hir

Several BIG questions there!

I believe in reincarnation, but I'm not sure of the mechanism.

Not sure of?

Does that mean you have some idea of?

CD

I did have a go at Gotama's explanation. Sorry if you didn't understand it.

Very confused now, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Never mind not understanding it, I haven't seen it.

Must be my stupidity.

CD

There is absolutely no purpose or meaning in life. So, you have absolute freedom to apply your own purpose and meaning to it.

• Like 1

There is absolutely no purpose or meaning in life. So, you have absolute freedom to apply your own purpose and meaning to it.

lol

Never mind not understanding it, I haven't seen it.
Yet somehow you managed to respond to it.
Must be my stupidity.

CD

Or what Gotama called, 'moha'.

to really know if existence has a "point" surely there must be an observer capable of judging if it has "no point", otherwise without an observer the point, if in existence, would equally have a point or no point, with no possibility of coming to an answer?!...... then without the input of the observer, (who must theoretically live beyond our existence to be able to judge) we remain uninformed so we can't answer the question..... as to how we go about OUR life.. that's a personal choice, but i'd say just live it on the basis of a one off great life and secretly hope for a "pleasantly surprised" post death..... if it never happens there is no one to complain to anyway so wtf, if there is a god/ gods hopefully they aren't a petty super being seeking sycophants followers that judge against the faulty creations that fail to believe! .... my own philosophy is to improve around me: helping people makes me smile, the reverse doesn't

• Like 1