Split from pedophile priest thread

Bill Dick

I really must be a simpleton, I just can't see the relevance of that link to the question. It just seems to me to be a bog standard anti religion rant.

I'v probably confused the issue, ....was thinking of a different carling rant

great monologue, if you can't sit thro 8 mins of carling ..listen from 7:00 onwards

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• weed_G

• troy

• Cosmic Dick

• sam-i-am

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jesus did not found the Catholic Church. That was down to Constantine essentially. And it was much less than 2000 years ago :smoke:

Roman Catholics love to insist they are the original and even the only Christian Church. Not so, not so by a long long chalk. The history is there for all to see. If you'll pardon the pun :B):

+1

The Nicene creed from my various disjointed researches into the history is a composition of Mithraism, Zoroastrianism, Egyptian mysteries and various other pagan religions which would have been popular in the lands the Roman Empire dominated circa 300 ad.

The Pope worships a Black Madonna, otherwise known as Isis and Horus it is a "graven" image;)

In my experience the lay of the RCC are very amicable and pleasant people, very worthy of time and with similar intentions in life to myself, (to promote brotherhood, care of the sick, widowed and orphaned) however the "megalithic" and historically oppressive hierarchy of the RCC is totally repulsive to me.

Edited by MickyJay4MaryJane

• 1 month later...
But he neglects to inform that children of atheists are also indoctrinated into believing there is no god, also into believing that belief in god or faith in a higher power are signs of weakness and intellectual inferiority.

We've had this debate before earlier in the thread. Its not indoctrination to tell your kinds there is no god

yes, and the argument(if you could call it that) was shot to pieces ..this sentence ' Its not indoctrination to tell your kinds there is no god ' is oxymoronic to say the least ..are you sure you have not been indoctrinated troy?

There is no evidence to support the idea of a supernatural deity, in all probability god does not exist, that is not indoctrination that is education. If the child wants to argue the point then that is fine but there is no rational argument to justify the existence of god.

Your pejorative statements add no weight to your argument.

reading through this thread reminded me of an old Bertrand Russell quote.

If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense. If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time.

this thread reminds me of fiddler on the roof. tevye is listening to the men gathered around his milk wagon and says 'hes right' to two men after hearing statements that are totally contradictory. avram suggests, 'hes right, and hes right? they cant both be right.' tevye says, 'you are right too.'

re; belief and faith. i think that we all live or exist according to our faith or belief in something. we cant prove that anything that we do is correct, real, safe or worthwhile but we continue to abide in this life as best we can. sometime in the iron age i read a philosopher that stated the first question a philosopher must answer is whether one should commit suicide.

someone, a legal expert i think, not that i accept the concept of expert but only for discussion sake, who stated that a belief was only a true belief if the believer would die for their belief. carrion. my wayward son. :wink:

gen :wacko: