10 Comandments

getoartist

Do as you would be done by. You don't need other laws.

'Mrs Do as you would be done by', from Alice in Wonderland, that's where that came from and, supposedly, holds true for everyone :blushing:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boojum

• HvyFuel

• ratdog

• MasterTherion

Top Posters In This Topic

'Mrs Do as you would be done by', from Alice in Wonderland, that's where that came from and, supposedly, holds true for everyone :blushing:

Actually it came from 'The Golden Rule' or 'The Law of Reciprocity'. An ancient philosophical concept that dates back to at least 2000BC Egypt and has been a greater or lesser part of religious belief from the Pharoahs to the ancient Greeks, from Judaism to Christianity, from Rome to Jerusalem :sadwalk:

It almost certainly appeared in Alice in Wonderland because Lewis Carroll was the pseudonym of the Reverent Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, who was among other things (including a brilliant mathematician) an Anglican deacon :thisbig:

^^^^^^^

You're amazing Booj. It just reminds me never to have an argument with you regarding facts. The only way you could argue with you is over your opinions but then again I agree with most of 'em anyway so even then there is no point. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Someone said that once. I don't think he was the son of God, I think he was just an enlightened person. But they killed him for it.

No, not the son of god, his father was Antipater and his mother was Mariamne. His grandfather was Herod.

"Romanes eunt domus" :wassnnme:

I think you'll find that should be 'romani ite domum' e2a damn, beaten to it by oldhead, and in a wittier fashion too.

Not talking about anyone else ,

But when thing were touch and go for my brother i prayed too God ,

When it come down to it i prayed to god ,

do you?

Nope.

I've prayed to shit before, I've said "Oh shit, don't let this happen."

I suspect it was just as useful as praying to 'God'.

I generally pray to fuck, as I find the rituals involved more stimulating.

Edited by OG refugee #24601