Bio-bizz Schedule

Guest Red Dragon

Sorry if this is a little off topic but it came to my mind just now and its something everyone who grows indoors should also understand and keep in mind.

Not at all, i will readily admit that ive never given a thought to water temps or giving the rootball a constant temp, i will now though!

NewCrytstals

High there all,,,thanks OT1 for that post,as i do think bout root temps,all ive done was put sheets of aero board under pots,trays,,,but id really like to get heat mats or 1 proper sized heat mat,also wat is ideal temp for the roots also wen im feeding,watering i bubble water with airstone and heat to 21c to 22c ,and give to plants ? does anybody use heat mats for under the pots,and do u use them for all the grow and wat temps ? regards all,,,Oss. :yinyang: oh heres a pic of the roots on a 32 days young female Wrhino from seed,potted up to 11ltr pot yday,. :rofl:

post-19135-1218564353_thumb.jpg

nice one em2!!! a better compost then allmix what would recommend? just for seedlings? :spliff:

many thanks bernard

I use a brand called sinclairs its a MP, that is quite light in nutes its easily the best I have used for cuts and seeds, theres lots to choose from mate check the compost trials thread, IMO westlands JAB etc are a little hot for cuts and seeds even when diluted with perlite.

Theres lots to choose from that will beat allmix easily IMO, unfortuanately bags differ even from the same batch, so you will have to conduct your own little trials

EM2

E2A

B&Q came out the best here, I would try that

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=126269

Edited by Electric man 2

DIRTYBERNARD

Thanks again EM2. A little trial sounds like the only way to know whats best for me, it'll have to wait till next year though! I'll post my results. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

I would leave out the topmax as all it does is prolong the flowering period it does nuthin for potency. It just means you will be flowering for a while more before harvest.

heres a shedule from biobizz....

post-35177-1222884032_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You shouldn't ever need to feed your seedlings as the compost has got everything in it the the seedlings need,as your potting up in new compo every 2/3 weeks they will never go hungry.My plants start to show signs of hunger roughly 2 weeks into Flower and thats when they get there first proper feed so to speak.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hantshaze
I would leave out the topmax as all it does is prolong the flowering period it does nuthin for potency. It just means you will be flowering for a while more before harvest.

heres a shedule from biobizz....

What makes you think flowering takes longer when you use topmax?

• 1 month later...

Just wondering is there any advice on prolonged veg rates. i.e to have a mother plant, long scrog pre training or your doing a greenhouse grow and your pots have been fully rooted out for ages and when starting to bloom at 4-5ft plus would you add more grow then listed in the flowering or more flowering nutes sooner?

also has ot1 done any tests with molasses with his guide?

• 3 weeks later...
Just wondering is there any advice on prolonged veg rates. i.e to have a mother plant, long scrog pre training or your doing a greenhouse grow and your pots have been fully rooted out for ages and when starting to bloom at 4-5ft plus would you add more grow then listed in the flowering or more flowering nutes sooner?

also has ot1 done any tests with molasses with his guide?

I'm growing out a Sensi Mum that is rather huge for the first week of flowering to be honest, she's been in her final pot for ages.

I haven't fed anymore than is in OT1's biobizz guide, although i should of done 1ml grow and 1ml bloom 3 or so weeks after they root i think and continue that till the second week of flower (ie feed through extended veg). Although i didn't do this, and noticed the plants health deteriorate, but i imagine if you did you'd need to be wary of nute burn etc.

Overall though, no i didn't add more nutrients, as the plant is in a big pot (20L or so as i kept potting it up) it just drinks a hell of alot of water (6 to 8 litres usually) so it gets more nutrients that way.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm cannabis's peak use of Mg is when its going through the change into flowering mode, giving a little extra round the third week of 12/12 helps the change and lays the ground for good bud formation.

People who see Mg probs in veg usually have root structure problems or there is a problem with their compost. Ie the plants are developing in an unbalanced way, could be there is a fungal factor or the compost is crap, as a point, low root zone temperatures will also inhibit balanced nutrient uptake.

So a plant showing Mg or a variety of mixed deficiencies can be down to the roots being too cold and not taking up nutrients even if the compost contains a good mix of nutrients. We see more of these type of problems every year, year after year through the period of late autumn through to early spring.

People who grow in compost seem to ignore this environmental factor, anyone who grows hydro will know they need to keep the nutrient solution round the 20c mark for best uptake.It is as important as the right ph and cf. In some ways temperature in compost and soils is more important, in the great outdoors, as it gets colder the whole soil fauna slows down as the average soil temperature lowers until it virtually halts. People who grow indoors just seem to ignore this fact entirely. Nature is wonderful plants, trees and the soil micro heard all dance to the rhythm of the seasons in unison. We who want to grow indoors need to copy the peak outdoor conditions when we make our indoor environment.

Sorry if this is a little off topic but it came to my mind just now and its something everyone who grows indoors should also understand and keep in mind.

Jus read thru most of this thread. Some great info. Ive got some seedlings that are 6-9 days old but they vseem v.slow to take off. The tallest is about 4ins and smlest 2in. Mostly on there 2nd to 3rd true set of leaves. I use a 200w 6400k ecolite for veg. They are in Plagron lite mix 70%,perlite20%,5% vermic ,5% Fytocel and alittle bat guano,all mixed well. Now Im thinking the soil could be too cold. Whats a good way to bring up the temps to a comfortable level for them? Cheers.

post-38940-1233828782_thumb.jpg

Sorry bout pic but you dont get much space do you! Had to resize the ass off it. Theres aload of seedlings that I had to cut out of this pic.

a heater :stoned: heat mat or tube heater or oil filled radiator

what is your compost temp !? 20c (minimum) is favourable :)

How do accurately measure soil temps?