Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

I thought that would be the answer ;)lol.

Although it could be a it of a faff I quite like the idea of the scales, maybe over complicating things a bit , but at least theres a straight figure to go by till you get a feel for things.

I think the drying out thing is probably what I did, the pots would still feel reasonably heavy because of water at the bottom, then by the next time I'd look, they'd be gagging for water.

I'll have a little look in he shop next time I'm passing,

cheers for the heads up.

I squeezed it out onto a try, sprinkled a few granules in then, broke it all back up after a j and put it in the pots, dropped the seeds in then covered, that was last night, there in clothes wardrobe under a normal Cfl I had laying about.

I've read about keeping it as loose as possible before, I feed with a syring now, help to keep check on the amounts I'm feeding too.

Cheers guys ✌️

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I still can't believe why growers spend a fortune on nutes from hydroponic stores. Im growing in coco/perlite mix using stuff I had in the shed. Miracle grow plant feed, tomorite, baby bio, seaweed extract and molasses. I haven't ph'd once either. My plants are growing fine. Remember these are Weeds and will fight to grow in almost any conditions. A mate of mine who is a qualified horticulturist has been growing for years using just baby bio for vegging and tomorite for flowering and he gets absolutely massive yields. Keep it simple.

Edited by Potheadtaco

I still can't believe why growers spend a fortune on nutes from hydroponic stores. Im growing in coco/perlite mix using stuff I had in the shed. Miracle grow plant feed, tomorite, baby bio, seaweed extract and molasses. I haven't ph'd once either. My plants are growing fine. Remember these are Weeds and will fight to grow in almost any conditions. A mate of mine who is a qualified horticulturist has been growing for years using just baby bio for vegging and tomorite for flowering and he gets absolutely massive yields. Keep it simple.

but your on your first grow? give it a couple of grows before telling us wot nutes we should be using ffs

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@@MrEm

Waste of time, just use smaller pots of pure coco.

E2A - actually it's got its uses in some circumstances, like if your pot sizes are fixed for whatever reason. But generally just use a smaller pot of coco :yep:

Edited by Golden Syrup

I think i'm happy wth pot sizes , I will veg for longer if need be i understand height could become an issue but I guess I'll give it a shot at training them , it's just the growing media I'm a bit stumped on. Have been told to use a mix and have also been told to put an inch of pebbles at the bottom of the pot

I think you missed my point mate, if you use something like 60/40, you need to minus 60% of your total pot size because thats how much less coco is in there for your plants to use as the pebbles are just ancors and dead space - they work in proper hydro systems because the solution and oxygen is more often than not being supplied directly to the roots the point of coco is that it holds the solution and oxygen.... If you're happy with how big your pots are for the size, then just use pure coco as you don't need to use a smaller pot... only use pebbles in the bottom of the pot if you're planning on leaving them sat in the run off for any period of time, but I wouldn't recommend it.

• Like 2

I think you missed my point mate, if you use something like 60/40, you need to minus 60% of your total pot size because thats how much less coco is in there for your plants to use as the pebbles are just ancors and dead space - they work in proper hydro systems because the solution and oxygen is more often than not being supplied directly to the roots the point of coco is that it holds the solution and oxygen.... If you're happy with how big your pots are for the size, then just use pure coco as you don't need to use a smaller pot... only use pebbles in the bottom of the pot if you're planning on leaving them sat in the run off for any period of time, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Sorry mate didn't clock that, I need to read further into things rather than just skimming lol! Will be getting just the coco then, is canna coco professional worth the extra bit on top or is canna natural pretty mch the same pal?

And regarding the run off, do you discard it after you're done hand feeding them

Edited by MrEm
  • Like 1

@@MrEm Canna Coco Pro is about the best on the market, do not flush it no matter what you read online. CANNA Coco Professional Plus contains a special mould (Trichoderma) that protects the plants against soil diseases.Just put it in your pots drop the plant in and of you go.

Edited by tokenroll

@@MrEm Canna Coco Pro is about the best on the market, do not flush it no matter what you read online. CANNA Coco Professional Plus contains a special mould (Trichoderma) that protects the plants against soil diseases.Just put it in your pots drop the plant in and of you go.

Should I use the canna nutes with canna coco pro or is there any other formulas giving better results cheers pal

@@MrEm Get canna a&b that will work 100% from veg to harvest. No need for anything else to be honest using canna products.

You will need a PH meter and EC pen when using coco as it is passive hydro.

Edited by tokenroll

Glad I read this advice been getting told different things lol. Some say water until run off every day, I am doing that by the time I am in flower. Just they say do that as soon as there as some roots. There is roots but its not fully rooted the pot yet so don't think its a good idea to be doing that. Instead thinking wait until 50% of the weight has gone from a watering and then water. I was leaving the pot too long to dry and keeping most the roots at the bottom of the pot though as worried about over watering.

Water when pot feels 50% lighter than when its watered. Over time more roots grow and the duration between waiting becomes less and end up on watering daily. Correct?

• Like 1