Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

• 1 month later...

You don't need the Nitrozyme - it's a nitrogen heavy product that is good for people who take loads of cuts from mums because it helps generate new cuts. More for the bigtime commercial guys than percy imo.

Boost is a flowering booster....some people say it's snakeoil....but it's probably a cocktail of all kinds of stuff. Canna claim it makes the plants photosynthesise more/faster/better, and so in conjunction with more PK as the fuel, it rocks. I started growing using the Canna UK calculator and it is a blinding way to start. They don't tell you to overfeed your plants and it forms a great basis for your own tailored regime (with or without Canna products).

I've literally just stopped using Boost because of the B'Cuzz boosters but it'll be interesting to see how my plants fare on the new stuff. Will do a side by side shortly.

GN

hey buddy i know its been a while since this post but just reading up on it now and was wondering did you do a side by side with canna boost and b'cuzz? if so how did it go? as i been thinking of gettin b'cuzz myself

• 1 month later...

hey coconuts!

with handwatering coco in pots, does anyone add perlite and vermiculite in with the mix? i see that a ph of 5.8 - 6.2 is recommended. i hear they both have a ph of about 7.. used them both before but now thinking if it was a good idea or not.

oh, and was thinking of a shallow base of clay balls at bottom of the pots. would this stop the coco sucking up some runoff? gonna be handwatering from the top.

and finally...would using maxicrop seaweed ok for (biobizz) coco??..thinking of using it for seedling stage and for transplanting.

will be using hesi nutes as the main

:hippy: cheers dudes

hey coconuts!

with handwatering coco in pots, does anyone add perlite and vermiculite in with the mix? i see that a ph of 5.8 - 6.2 is recommended. i hear they both have a ph of about 7.. used them both before but now thinking if it was a good idea or not.

No need man, pure coco has perfect drainage already.

oh, and was thinking of a shallow base of clay balls at bottom of the pots. would this stop the coco sucking up some runoff? gonna be handwatering from the top.

and finally...would using maxicrop seaweed ok for (biobizz) coco??..thinking of using it for seedling stage and for transplanting.

will be using hesi nutes as the main

:hippy: cheers dudes

Shallow layer of clay would stop it wicking it up. Ive not used either hesi or maxicrop seaweed so cant comment

:bong:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Building up supplies for my first and I'm going to be using canna coco. With the wilma 4 pots is there options on pot sizes ? How about potting up or is this not needed...

Building up supplies for my first and I'm going to be using canna coco. With the wilma 4 pots is there options on pot sizes ? How about potting up or is this not needed...

If u modded the wilma and drilled a few holes u could use 6 litre pots and then let root grow into the tank under Neath with a couple air stones that would do well

If u just gonna sit them on tray a d feed them go 10 litre or bigger depending in how big u gonna grow them

• Like 1

hello everyone. coco grower checking in. I like to use coco coir mixed with 30% coco chips and some vermic. (bout 10% max) I chuck some bat guano in and some crushed shells as well. I flush my coco then soak in ph lowered water, drain then mix. I line my pots with large hydroton and put some on the top as well to keep things neat.

Cocos A and B from house and garden. Was thinking about using them in flower. Anyone got any experience with them? Best EC to add etc? I really do not like to go by the company website guide as they tend to say to put loads in as well as a load of other products which I do not have access. Do I need to find a way to boost cal mag with these products?

I'm top watering manually every day with 10-15% run off ideally.