Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

yup, once they start to look hungry feed em might be a week might be two, just keep an eye on them

REALLY......that long wi no food?

it just seams odd that to me poacher bein a dirt man..or from bein a dirt man...like in dirt they gettin nutes from the word go aint thi,..how so not in coco???

Guest Poacher

i think no matter what medium you grow in you dont want to feed newly cracked seedlings any nutes for the first two weeks, they have enough minerals and shit from inside the shell to keep them going for this time buddy, as cr0n1K has said suppliment em with some ga rootstim till they need a feed

thank ya kindly guys,..yeh i am feedin em just water and ga root stim right now.

then in a week or so il start the Ga first feed.thank you. :B):

• 4 weeks later...

FLIES!!! tiny black fuckers that live in the coco it seams!....dont appear to be harmin owt like just wonderin whats n whys?...anyone else get em?....like i say it aint a problem but id rather be fly free!....my yellow sticky traps fuckin full of em!!

little black flies?? :yep:

Never had em in mine biz. Had spring tails before and their no probs and in a batch of b'bizz coco mix I got symphilids (although they could of come with the UKC clones I got) they give me the shudders when I looked at em under the pocket microscope (brrrrr, still does now).

They could just be a little pest thats in your area where you live ? If they aint causing no harm I wouldnt worry . Try changing your brand of coco , could just be a batch that had some eggs in or something? Dont know much on the subject but my 2peneth :D

Poppa

FLIES!!! tiny black fuckers that live in the coco it seams!....dont appear to be harmin owt like just wonderin whats n whys?...anyone else get em?....like i say it aint a problem but id rather be fly free!....my yellow sticky traps fuckin full of em!!

Their larvae feed off the roots of your plants. :yep:

I think there gnats Bizzi fella .. iirc they aint harmful, i think its when the medium stays moist for to long.

How do you water plants.. daily? ..if on drip feed, how many feeds you doing and how much?

eta: Majorglory, isnt larvae them lil wiggley things, i dont think they fly? .. i could be mistaken though.

Edited by stickyblack

I think there gnats Bizzi fella .. iirc they aint harmful, i think its when the medium stays moist for to long.

How do you water plants.. daily? ..if on drip feed, how many feeds you doing and how much?

eta: Majorglory, isnt larvae them lil wiggley things, i dont think they fly? .. i could be mistaken though.

Ayup guys,...thanks sticky....yeh its a drip feed jobbie so the coco's wet all the time pretty much! fed every day bout 4 mins,...roughly liter a day.

Thats the one Woox :unsure: Yea me also, i havent had this problem although im new to coco, my exp was in compost.

---

Ey Bizzi fella, your feeding doesnt really sound a problem really.. im lil unsure, because im in veg feeding once a day, .75L each in 3.5Ls atm. I could understand maby if you fed 2-4times a day with the drip.. I dont think it would be wise to lower you feeds. Maby get some sticky yellow traps, and some sharp sand(shreds the buggers) on top of the coco.

eta: Had to do a lil reading after Majors post, he was right, Larvae is kinda Gnats but in there young form, first start as egg things, then the wiggly things & then the flying things. I think i read OT1 saying Neem oil is the one for these.

Edited by stickyblack

little black flies?? :wink:

Never had em in mine biz. Had spring tails before and their no probs and in a batch of b'bizz coco mix I got symphilids (although they could of come with the UKC clones I got) they give me the shudders when I looked at em under the pocket microscope (brrrrr, still does now).

They could just be a little pest thats in your area where you live ? If they aint causing no harm I wouldnt worry . Try changing your brand of coco , could just be a batch that had some eggs in or something? Dont know much on the subject but my 2peneth :rofl:

Poppa

how did you get rid of your springtails poppa smurf ??? cant get rid of mine !!!

ive had the tiny black fuckers too .try Gnat Off , easy to use 2 applications 10 days apart gnats and larvi gone .

Or try NilNat by Canadian Xpress - I prefer it and it gives great results. Just remember to do it for a few weeks to break the cycle.

Fungus gnats are v. common in coco, but not any kind of a problem if you deal with them. If ignored they'll start eating your roots, which is obviously bad...but they're easy to deal with and nothing like the borg, pm or any other canna nasties.

GN

eta: Had to do a lil reading after Majors post, he was right, Larvae is kinda Gnats but in there young form, first start as egg things, then the wiggly things & then the flying things. I think i read OT1 saying Neem oil is the one for these.

Sorry Stickyblack, totally missed that one. I've only had a problem with them once and it went away after a 2 pronged attack of yellow sticky traps and gnatt off! Of all the beasties that ave inhabited my grow room they are defo the easiest to deal with unlike the BORG :stoned: