Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

I believe adding the canna pk13/14 at 21days in completley stopped the flowering in its tracks in less than two weeks after adding it. The plants were looking and doing amazing untill that point.

I have harvested at 9 weeks what looks like plants that only flowered for no more than 5 weeks.. there was no new growth or white hairs not long after adding the canna pk13/14, i watched the flowering just stop before my eyes, i know people use this stuff from early in flower but i can see why Canna say to use it at the end cos it deffo fucked my flowering development adding it early when i did.. they stopped forming bud, all the white hairs died off, they then went hard and pumped out loads of resin remaining no bigger then a small coin and never filling in on the branches.

I added pk13/14 in the third week and found exactly the opposite. I was actually thinking about adding it throughout the rest of the flowering period. I don't know if anybody had done this. The reason I did not go ahead was because at the moment I am nearly 5 weeks into flower anh have been using the canna calculator which has given great results. I will stick with the calculator until the end and play around on the next grow.

As an aside, Canna only recommend adding pk 13/14 during the third week of 12/12 not at the end. According to their grow calc that is.

I have to agree about the amount of work involved. I had 11 x 11ltr pots to water on a daily basis. All of the nute mixing and ph'ing was taking up a lot of time which I really don't have. I invested in a 100ltr tank and a Tropf Blumat watering kit. Now I only have to mix up every 4-5 days - deep joy.

I have to say the Tropf Blumat is a great system. It only took a few days to dial it in but after that you can forget about watering which is a whole new experience for me. Damn clever those Germans.

Ill look into the Tropf system it sound very usefull, i found i couldnt hand water every two days like i hoped, the plants needed it every day and it was becoming a real pain, especially when i realized the plants had pretty much stopped budding with 4 weeks still to go.. lol

On the bottle of Canna pk13/14 i have it says to apply 3 weeks before harvest, which would be about right as mine had ceased doing anything much within 2 weeks of applying it.

Being new to coco i am aware that it could be a number of things that caused my crop to not peform very well, but i have seen with using coco that anything i changed re the nutrients, the plants responded almost overnight like when i first upped the grow nutrient as the plants grew bigger. Same thing happened when i added the Canna pk13/14.. almost overnight i could see a visible change to the growth pattern, certainly within a few days.

The plants leaves looked healthy right up untill harvest, maybe a little to much grow nutrient at the start making them a dark green, which i will adjust next time.

It might be worth adding that the two strains i was growing usually take 9 and a half weeks in compost and i often leave them for 10 weeks, so its possible i added the pk to early.

Im using Hesi nutrient btw, i added the Canna pk as i had it unused and to hand and i figured all the brands are the same thing in the bottle.

I take quite detailed notes for myself when trying new plants from seed or new a medium like this coco. I will not be adding full strength veg nutrient next time and i wont add the Canna pk but i will add some Hesi pk on some of the plants as in their feed guide to compare. Maybe then i can figure out what went wrong, i hope so as i was really enjoying seeing the plants grow especially the speed of it all and the thick stems and branches.

Edited by Owderb

Guest papaduc

If you want a break from watering every day, why not just grow in bigger pots?

Coco has been simple so far. It's my first run in it too. I'm using hesi nutes as well.

If you want a break from watering every day, why not just grow in bigger pots?

Coco has been simple so far. It's my first run in it too. I'm using hesi nutes as well.

Hempy pots! The best way to go 2-3 days between waterings in Coco IMO, still finding the top coco dampish on the 2nd day, dry by the 3rd. I try to make sure I water every 2 days, but if I miss one it's still all good. They're doing just as good as some drippers in coco I've got going, nothing between them at the moment.

hello, just wondering if anyone can help me with drippers :wassnnme:

For my coco i had the black drippers on for 15mins every 4 hours the lights were on, now that the chiesel are bigger i have changed this to every 3 hours that the lights are on.

for my pebbles i have the blue drippers on for 15mins every 3 hours.

just wondering if these should be more for how old my plants are? they are going into week 5 flowering today. how often do your drippers go on?

Been reading about them after that, tutu. Interesting.

How have you set yours up?

I drilled a hole 2" from the bottom of 20ltr buckets, put a layer of hydroton to just above the hole filled the rest with pure coco, that's it!! It's so easy it takes the piss.

How much was your hydro system £150 for an amazon or drill a hole in a bucket for hempy pot shit!!! Everyone should be made to do 1 hempy pot when then first grow MJ, it would simplify growing no end.

I have them sat in garland trays which are raised 4inch on timbers with water butt taps drilled into the bottom, pipes then run out to drain on the flooroutside my tents.

It's in an outhouse it drains away through the soak aways, if I ever get humidity >50% I'll worry about it not happened yet in 18 months.

I've noticed no difference at all between dripper fed 3 times a day and hempy pots so far 4.5 weeks into flower.

Hempys are so much easier, as easy as soil, without a doubt.

I think if you have the routine to daily water, hempy's aren't needed but for 2 days intervals hempys will beat handwatering.

That said I've read about some peeps on US forums using CO2 and 60+w/sqf having to water twice daily once heavy in flower, I'm eating 25 ltrs every 2 days with 4 hempys with barely any run off, 1kw of light.

Edited by Tutu

hello, just wondering if anyone can help me with drippers :smug:

For my coco i had the black drippers on for 15mins every 4 hours the lights were on, now that the chiesel are bigger i have changed this to every 3 hours that the lights are on.

for my pebbles i have the blue drippers on for 15mins every 3 hours.

just wondering if these should be more for how old my plants are? they are going into week 5 flowering today. how often do your drippers go on?

Do you get run off?

• 2 weeks later...

chronic feminised !!!!!! 5-6 weeks vegging !!!!!!...........(cant remember exactly) :( from seedlings..........

do you lot think these plants look a little hungry ??????? there is a little yellowing and some of them are a little lighter in colour , i have had problems with spider mites but that seems under control as i cannot see any on the plants anymore ,along with a few fungus gnats knocking about to ...............ill sort those little beggars out this week ......

ec has been at 1-4 with a ph of 6 ,maybe i should up the ec a little ???iam gonna have to flower these soon as there about a foot tall now all are female of course................... :rofl: they have had a little prune as the amount of fans leaves was crazy i know you shouldnt but tucking or whatever just wasnt a option tbh

peppi lol

post-45069-1269167491_thumb.jpg

post-45069-1269167500_thumb.jpg

post-45069-1269167512_thumb.jpg

Edited by Peppi

chronic feminised !!!!!! 5-6 weeks vegging !!!!!!...........(cant remember exactly) :rofl: from seedlings..........

do you lot think these plants look a little hungry ??????? there is a little yellowing and some of them are a little lighter in colour , i have had problems with spider mites but that seems under control as i cannot see any on the plants anymore ,along with a few fungus gnats knocking about to ...............ill sort those little beggars out this week ......

ec has been at 1-4 with a ph of 6 ,maybe i should up the ec a little ???iam gonna have to flower these soon as there about a foot tall now all are female of course................... :yahoo: they have had a little prune as the amount of fans leaves was crazy i know you shouldnt but tucking or whatever just wasnt a option tbh

peppi :unsure:

Very nice, I'm growing femminsed chronic as well, my plants are a week younger than yours and they look 1/2 the size, very nice peppi! Although I vegged for 3 weeks before I realised my timer was broke and they were getting 24/7 lighting (Yes I have contactors) Glad to see you're mite/gnat free, hope my babies look that healthy in another couple of weeks.

I run my ec at 1.2 including my start ec at the moment, still plenty green but thinking of upping to 1.4 next time I make a res.

If you do up the ec do it slowly and back off at the first signs of twisting on the leaves.

My chronics are going to be topped and trained like the bitches they are regardless of the advice, in fact on serious seeds website they mention someone topping a chronic to stunning results.

Edited by Tutu

think ill be upping the ec to 1-5 ph of 6 today maybe take a few clones to then give them a few days at the ec of 1-5 then flower as there getting big now ......

should i carry on feeding grow nutes for the first week or so while they stretch to get rid of any yellowing

peppi :rolleyes:

think ill be upping the ec to 1-5 ph of 6 today maybe take a few clones to then give them a few days at the ec of 1-5 then flower as there getting big now ......

should i carry on feeding grow nutes for the first week or so while they stretch to get rid of any yellowing

peppi :spliff:

TBH I use Plant Magic's growing guide for coco regardless of the nutes, which is switch to bloom nutes in week 2. It might mean my EC's are a little weak (1.2 instead of 1.5 for bcuzz) but that's not neccesarily a bad thing.

I found my plants normally stretch over 2 weeks but this time they stretched for 5 weeks (Wierd as it's the same clone I've grown out many times) but this time I switched 13/11 after 2 weeks of flower to finish them early (Seems to work as well, plants are a week ahead of last time.)

Do you use mycorrhizal fungi? Like granules/rootgrow etc. I just repotted mine 5 days ago from 0.25l to 3.6l pots and used soil secrets (Granules like) already got big white roots at the bottom of everypot shocked I have to say seems to kick the ass of granules big time but unfortunately the company went bust so when it's gone it's gone.

Do you use mycorrhizal fungi? Like granules/rootgrow etc. I just repotted mine 5 days ago from 0.25l to 3.6l pots and used soil secrets (Granules like) already got big white roots at the bottom of everypot shocked I have to say seems to kick the ass of granules big time but unfortunately the company went bust so when it's gone it's gone.

no mate all they have had is ionics grow along with a little formulex in the earlier weeks ........

any suggestions of any additives i may find useful in coco grows ????

peppi :stoned:

Edited by Peppi

no mate all they have had is ionics grow along with a little formulex in the earlier weeks ........

any suggestions of any additives i may find useful in coco grows ????

peppi :headpain:

essence!!!!!!

Plant magic boost is great as a foliar spray for vegging especially after transplanting, I haven't used it this time for some reason but going for it tonight.

Liquid silicon is a must at least with plant magic nutes. Some root stims for vegging.

Some sort of pk13/14 or the like wouldn't go a miss.

I use regenaroot and wiltguardas as a matter of course, I don't know if they work as I've always used them with coco but roots are always lovely and healthy.

Doing a large outdoor veg grow this year in hempys, loads of chilli's, tomatoes, cucumbers, beans, peas, carrots etc with recycled coco, they won't be getting anything but grow, bloom, sbpi maybe a couple of doses of essence. I'm mainly thinking of feeding them on run off from my indoor babies. Should be interesting to see the results.

A carrot hempy should be interesting as well!!

Some sort of pk13/14 or the like wouldn't go a miss.

sorry bud i wasnt very clear there , i have the following

ionics grow ,bloom ,boost.. and formulex......

payday this week need some clonex so i would be looking at getting some kind of root stimulator, more formulex,

maybe some essence to

if not for this grow for the next ............

peppi :headpain: