Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

Guest Healthystealthy

post-22188-1266713869_thumb.jpg

looking at that shedule it says i should be feeding PK13/14 starting week 3 of flower & feeding right thru to end of week 7 ;)

is this right?? if so why does it say on the bottle week 5 only :rofl:

help please :rofl:

Edited by Healthystealthy

You can either PK from week 3 or just on week 5 - different people do different things. I PK all the way from week 3 onwards because I've got different strains growing at the same time, and at different times. Other people do it because they can't be arsed keeping records....

It says week 5 because generally that's when the plants really get into full flower and really start putting on teh weight...and they uise more P and K, hence adding in some more PK to give them a boost.

GN

Guest hantshaze
Is it true that cutting taken in and put straight into coco don't need a humidity dome of any sort?

This is what I've just been told in another thread. True?

Not to sure about that ^. All cuttings need wormth & humidity.

I've rooted cuttings very well in coco.

One thing I would say is when watering cuts in, dont over do it.

It will just rot the stems :(

hantshaze............ :stoned:

post-29390-1266736749_thumb.jpg

Edited by hantshaze

Guest hantshaze

Hello coco heads :oldtoker:

I'm quite new to useing coco and was wondering what EC levels you use.

In veg and allso in bloom!

I'm in veg atm and have a ec of 1.4. And things look good.

I'll be going into bloom in a couple of weeks.

What ec do you guy n galls go with????????

Thankz all.

Hantshaze.................

Hants :lucky:

Nice roots there fella..looks like youve shrink wrapped them :wink:

Tis good stuff eh.

Reguarding ec levels god knows & god knows..seriously tho,with the hesi nutes in veg theres no point as the ec dont show up proper & in all honesty here,Ive checked it once at the begining of my killer grow (first in coco) and i think it was at 1.5 all the way thro,this probally increased when pk was added but ive never checked,just went with the schedule.

Im now on my third run with coco,Ive got all my mums in coco & Ive never had such good crops & my plants are more or less a picture of health from start to finish,so glad I made the change..loving it!

Keep up the good work fella.

p&q

Hello coco heads :wink:

Thankz all.

Hello Mate - hope is all is well - You keep confusing me with your Avatar changes....I will give you a fiver if you change it back :lucky: or two bottles of Stella

From memory you are using Canna Nutes in a Autopot.

I did one small run with Canna in Coco, and to be honest, i started at around 1.4 as you, but worked it up to about 1.6 with no burn, just nice vigorous growth!

When in Flower, I started at 1.6 and worked it up to 2.0 found that a little high so went back down to 1.8 which seemed to be the sweet spot for me.

Take care

Z

Hello coco heads :spliff:

Thankz all.

For me up to 1.4 (max out 1.6) in veg.

And in flower 1.4/1.6 first four weeks then 1.6/1.8 around week 5-7 and then last week or so reducing to around 1.0/1.2 - ish :-)

Guest hantshaze

p&q, zaaboot, dd2001 & GN thanks a lot fella's :notworthy:

I'm going by the canna gro calculater and the dose's they give come up low when I test the water with my truntion thing.

The ec level comes up lower then canna's guide say's it should be. So I've been givivg it more nutes too get the levels up :yep:

Really enjoying just filling the res :naughty: and the auto's are working a treat :)

I think I'll raise the ec up to 1.5 when I top up res 2moz and then next mon raise it too 1.6 for there last week's veg!

Thanks once again fella's :notworthy:

hantshaze.............

Ps zaaboot I'll have the 2 stella'a bro :beer::beer: hope this is the one you liked.

Its one of my fave MC Escher's works. It's called Day and Night. Sort of 12-12.

Guest hantshaze

p&q, zaaboot, dd2001 & GN thanks a lot fella's :notworthy:

I'm going by the canna gro calculater and the dose's they give come up low when I test the water with my truntion thing.

The ec level comes up lower then canna's guide say's it should be. So I've been givivg it more nutes too get the levels up :)

Really enjoying just filling the res :naughty: and the auto's are working a treat :)

I think I'll raise the ec up to 1.5 when I top up res 2moz and then next mon raise it too 1.6 for there last week's veg!

Thanks once again fella's :notworthy:

hantshaze.............

Ps zaaboot I'll have the 2 stella'a bro :beer::yep: after a game of golf maybe, when it worms up! :beer:

Hope this is the one you liked.

Its one of my fave MC Escher's works. It's called Day and Night. Sort of 12-12.

And how there lookin!

post-29390-1266822934_thumb.jpg

Edited by hantshaze

cheers guys,

I have a few soil grows under my belt years ago. I decided to start up a small grow in coco too help me with my migraine. Got some questions though, would be glad if anyone could help me out.

My seedlings cracked about two weeks ago in jiffys. Planted it straight in their final 3.5 liter pots under a 400w hps. I watered them with vitalink coir nutes according to the label for seedlings. So far so good. My concern is the growth rate. Despite the cotyledon it got two sets of leaves, but no "finger" leaves yet. It seems to grow very slow. May this be due to the pots being to big for the young and undeveloped root system? I'm thinking about to let it dry out a bit and see what happens. All plants look healthy though. Some input would be appreciated.