Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

2. Use when watering/feeding in compost: Once in the vegetative stage, & twice when in flower (day 10 & day 35).

taken this from a mg thread

these days should also apply to coco with very soft water right ?????

mates grow is yellowing using ionics nutes at a ec of 1-5 ,his ph has been low at 5-5 that,ll be 6 ish from here on in .....

any chance the low ph could have caused some yellowing ??

back later with pictures ..............

peppi :unsure:

Edited by Peppi

Chances are Peppi It aint mg,very rare in hydro..

Not sure on the soft water either,mines is classed as medium to hard from memory @ 7.4 outta the tap.Question is would a low ph of 5.5 cause yellowing? Guessing here fella,if it caused a lockout the plants would be starved & yellow from that?

Only yellowing Ive experienced in coco was with young clones,they went a lime green very fast & hunger was the answer,within a few days they recovered.

Are they yellowing from the top/bottom or all over mate?

How far in are they?

Keep that ph at 5.8 / 6.2 and see how they go mate..a picture would be nice to if possible.

Hope you get it sorted..

p&q

heres a shot of those leaves and stuff there five weeks and four days into 12-12

having coco bloom at a ec of 1-5 but the ph has been at 5-5 ....

peppi :ninja:

post-45069-1263322243_thumb.jpg

post-45069-1263322255_thumb.jpg

Erm...not sure buddy,its all new to me this aswell :unsure:

Some grow nutes...maybe?

Thats what I would do anyway mate,remove the yellow/dead leaves and give them a wee boost.

Does your flower nutes contain any nitrogen,you might just have to up the ec?

Someone will know fella..

I think that ph of 5.5 has caused lockout tho..

Hope you get it sorted soon,

p&q

Edited by p&q

I think that ph of 5.5 has caused lockout tho..

yep you could be right there p and q .....

he is gonna give em a few waters with some grow see what happens then ...... ph of 6 from here on in to !!!

peppi :unsure:

Some yellowing of the lower stuff isn't worth worrying about, only if it's all over the fans and pretty uniform (imho). From your photos Peppi I'm guessing you could try upping the EC to 1.6 or 1.7 (and seeing as they're week 5/6 now they'll be hungry for more) as well as raising the pH to 5.8 (owderb uses 6 I believe, but 5.8-6.0 will help as 5.5 is a touch low for coco flowering...fine for veg, low for flower).

I'm not sure what it is either tbh...

GN

Edited by GreenNinja

evening all

quick question really

will it be possible to replant some soil based clones into coco ???? will remove as much soil as possible of course !!

peppi lol

Yes mate..Done it recently with a clone in compost,I just waited till the plant showed signs of hunger,ie: no food left in the compost & potted up and started on coco nutes without any problems.

Eta: look at page 9 mate lol

p&q

Edited by p&q

Easy people,

Got a couple more questions in relation to our grow. Things are progressing nicely and we're really starting to see some development of nice budding sites. One of our plants however has slight purpling of some of the stems on the fan leaves, and we were wondering if this was a problem, and if so how we can go about remedying it? Also, we know humidity is meant to be kept around 40% for flowering, and were curious as to whether or not this humidity level had to be kept during lights off as well, or is it ok to increase to say 60% or so at that time?

Cheers in advance,

take it easy :guitar:

im in week 4 of flower and i have started to add pk13/14 for the first time and its also the first time ive used my ec meter.

according to my ec meter a 10L bucket of water sat for 10 hours or so is 0.4, does this sound right? this is in the London area. after adding 4.5ml/L of hesi coco (bloom) and 1.5ml per 10L of pk13/14 the ec reading was 1.6

does this sound normal? ive never done it before and peoples ec here seems to be 0.8 before adding the nutrient.

its a brand new Horticare ec meter.

im not really sure what im doing to be honest... i just dont want to burn them as they look and smell great so far...

thanks.

Hello Savage,

Pretty much the same here with them readings..essex area.

Reguarding the ec mate I half mine from 0.6 out the tap too 0.3 then add that to my required ec,so a ec of 1.2 would show 1.5 on my truncheon,not that i use it now Im using hesi.

Keep with the 4.5 ml of the bloom & you wont go far wrong,just keep an eye on them for slight tipburn,especially now your adding the pk 13/14,this is when I noticed a very slight tip burn,so just ease off a tad next watering.

Also add your pk 13/14 before you add the bloom.

ps them truncheons make a nice stirring stick, an expensive one but a good one all the same :ninja:

All the best mate,

p&q

cheers p&q mate,

as i increase the pk13/14 each week should i decrease the bloom?

i will get a decent truncheon in the near future as im only using a bit of cane/stick at the mo to stir stuff with. :wink: