Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

Guest Poacher

tbh mate i would have thought using it in coco would be a bit of a waste. Coco hardly compacts at all if you are bottom feeding and its also pretty good at absorbing moisture so the medium is usually pretty evenly wet right through after a drink anyways

Hi,

is there a shelf life for nutrients?i haven't grown in coco but a couple of years ago i was given some hydrotops bioponic coco grow and bloom nutes,they have never been opened and left in the box in the cellar,would it be best to throw them or give them a go on one of the free DNA seeds?

thanks all

T80

Cheers GN, Silicon is definately on my shopping list for my next grow. What a bu**er it has been the last few days tying my 3 Ice plants up and if it solely helps this I will be happy :blub: I thought I had tied most of them up a few weeks back but they just keep packing on the weight and hitting the floor :yep: Still, it could be worse :)

About the Carbo Load and Boost, yeah your right I suppose. At the price and the amount you use it is probably worth keeping with it incase it does make a difference :D

Thanks again bud

Guest peace&quiet
Hi,

is there a shelf life for nutrients?i haven't grown in coco but a couple of years ago i was given some hydrotops bioponic coco grow and bloom nutes,they have never been opened and left in the box in the cellar,would it be best to throw them or give them a go on one of the free DNA seeds?

thanks all

T80

I personally wouldn,t bother mate,sling them in the bin & give them fresh food.

p&q

Hi

I am at the start of my first ever grow and I'm using coco. I was hoping for some advice from you fellow coco users about what to do at the stage I'm at. Shoots have recently appeared and roots are starting to show out the bottom of the jiffy plugs. I have what I think are 3.5L pots, and was wondering if I should pot up into those yet? Also, I have a small bottle of formulex and was wondering if that should now be getting added to their water, and when the canna A + B should be used? So far I have just been using tap water to feed them. Pictures of how they are looking are in my diary here.

I was also hoping to set up my wilma system to run for a few days while I'm away for christmas, and am unsure how long you need to run the wilma for each day to give the plants their right amount of feed?

Looking for all advice you can give me, all help appreciated lol

Hi

I am at the start of my first ever grow and I'm using coco. I was hoping for some advice from you fellow coco users about what to do at the stage I'm at. Shoots have recently appeared and roots are starting to show out the bottom of the jiffy plugs. I have what I think are 3.5L pots, and was wondering if I should pot up into those yet? Also, I have a small bottle of formulex and was wondering if that should now be getting added to their water, and when the canna A + B should be used? So far I have just been using tap water to feed them. Pictures of how they are looking are in my diary here.

I was also hoping to set up my wilma system to run for a few days while I'm away for christmas, and am unsure how long you need to run the wilma for each day to give the plants their right amount of feed?

1. Pot your rooted jiffys into small 3" round pots for about a week until the roots appear through the drainage holes

2. Pot up to a 1l > 3.5l > 6.5l (final)

3. Use a baby juice mix of Formulex 5ml/l, Rhizotonic 4ml/l (or whatever rootstim you use), 1 drop Superthrive @ pH 5.5 to feed your rooted clones in the 3" pots. When you pot them up to 1l they'll be mature enough for regular feed.

4. Depending on where your plants are in their flowering cycle, once or twice a day with the Wilma should suffice in coco....although if you're in week 4-6 you might want to increase it more.

5. Check out the Canna UK grow calculator to help you work out how much nute to use with your tap water.

GN

Hi,

thanks all

T80

I personally wouldn,t bother mate,sling them in the bin & give them fresh food.

p&q

thanks p&q,thats probably saved me four months messing about for not much

T80

Hi

1. Pot your rooted jiffys into small 3" round pots for about a week until the roots appear through the drainage holes

2. Pot up to a 1l > 3.5l > 6.5l (final)

3. Use a baby juice mix of Formulex 5ml/l, Rhizotonic 4ml/l (or whatever rootstim you use), 1 drop Superthrive @ pH 5.5 to feed your rooted clones in the 3" pots. When you pot them up to 1l they'll be mature enough for regular feed.

4. Depending on where your plants are in their flowering cycle, once or twice a day with the Wilma should suffice in coco....although if you're in week 4-6 you might want to increase it more.

5. Check out the Canna UK grow calculator to help you work out how much nute to use with your tap water.

GN

Cheers GN :smug: I'm using the easyryder auto flowering strain so should I still use this potting up method or transfer straight into their final pots? Also, how long should the wilma run for each time its on? I've bought a timer for it so planning on using that for the days that I'm away. Not really sure how much water it pumps out per minute so don't really know how long it should be left on :unsure:

And I take it the canna uk grow calc is on their website?

Cheers GN :ouch: I'm using the easyryder auto flowering strain so should I still use this potting up method or transfer straight into their final pots? Also, how long should the wilma run for each time its on? I've bought a timer for it so planning on using that for the days that I'm away. Not really sure how much water it pumps out per minute so don't really know how long it should be left on lol

And I take it the canna uk grow calc is on their website?

Yup....still need to pot up, but you'll probably not need as many pot ups. I pulled 2oz off my LR#2 in a 3.5l coco, so your potting up should probably go 3" > 1l > 3.5l (final), or maybe even straight from 3" to 3.5l depending on how quickly the roots develop (if you're using Rhizotonic it should be blisteringly quick - use Plant Magic Granules as well if you can).

You'll need to fill your final pot with coco (e.g. 3.5l) and put it on the wilma with a dripper stake in it. Ideally your coco will be semi-dry to simulate real conditions, and then time how long it takes for it to start dripping out of the bottom. That should form the basis of your dripper timings...e.g. 5 mins to water them, and then do that twice a day, or more - I handwater, but when I have automated I've done it every 4 hours in full flower.

Canna UK website will have the calc.

Rock on fella lol

GN

Yup....still need to pot up, but you'll probably not need as many pot ups. I pulled 2oz off my LR#2 in a 3.5l coco, so your potting up should probably go 3" > 1l > 3.5l (final), or maybe even straight from 3" to 3.5l depending on how quickly the roots develop (if you're using Rhizotonic it should be blisteringly quick - use Plant Magic Granules as well if you can).

You'll need to fill your final pot with coco (e.g. 3.5l) and put it on the wilma with a dripper stake in it. Ideally your coco will be semi-dry to simulate real conditions, and then time how long it takes for it to start dripping out of the bottom. That should form the basis of your dripper timings...e.g. 5 mins to water them, and then do that twice a day, or more - I handwater, but when I have automated I've done it every 4 hours in full flower.

Canna UK website will have the calc.

Rock on fella lol

GN

Cheers man, great help :ouch: I may be back with more questions in the near future but this should keep me going for now lol appreciated!

couple more questions...

I just potted them into their final pots (11L) as I'm not going to be around as much to keep an eye on them over the christmas break. What I'm wondering is should I start feeding them the nutrients now? They are still only on formulex and water at 5ml/litre. Also, now that they are out of the propagator the humiditiy in there has decreased rapidly. Any way of keeping it up?

Cheers :yep:

I just potted them into their final pots (11L) as I'm not going to be around as much to keep an eye on them over the christmas break. What I'm wondering is should I start feeding them the nutrients now? They are still only on formulex and water at 5ml/litre. Also, now that they are out of the propagator the humiditiy in there has decreased rapidly. Any way of keeping it up?

How big are they? or how old are they? If they're anything over 1-2 weeks then yes, put them on regular veg nutes now. Don't worry about humidity for the minute.....keep it simple :yep:

GN

Hey people! only just found this thread and its 20 pages already!!! lots of reading foir me!!!

Just thught i would say, im on my first grow, and im using coco(canna pro) (reccommended by a friend) and im finding it pretty easy for a first timer, and fingers crossed i dont jinx em, they all look good and healthy, so i would say coco is ideal for noobs.

Also just wanted to add im using the hesi nutes, i bought the starter pack and its serving me really well just sticking to the grow shedule that came with it.

What i hope will annoy the "up there own bums" "must have all the best kit" people on here, and lets be honest we have all seen a few. and some of us simply dont have the cash to buy everything.

I DONT USE A PH PEN OR EC TRUNCHEON THING AT ALL!

please dont get me wrong im not trying to beef or piss people off, but just to let people know only spend what you can afford, some people on this site make u think u need so much stuff and must buy buy buy, but personally i think past the essentials its a situation of diminishing returns.

ok done :blub:

peace out people and have a good xmas!!

TOKE IT UP!!!

How big are they? or how old are they? If they're anything over 1-2 weeks then yes, put them on regular veg nutes now. Don't worry about humidity for the minute.....keep it simple lol

GN

Cheers bud :B): They are about a 8 or 9 days old now, so I might start some light nutrient feeding tomorrow using the wilma. Didn't want to pot up in 11L pots straight off but since I felt it was necessary, how many times and for how long each day do you think I should leave the wilma running for?