Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

I'm currently seeing whether I can clone directly into coco - I ran out of starter cubes so filled a seedling tray compartment with coco...

Quick update on this cutting - it's rooted very well & I've just put it into it's 1st 150ml pot.

That was after 7days under a 125w enviro. The coco was moistened with regular grow nutes (EC 0.5 above my background, pH 6.3), root-stim and a nutrient steriliser (pythoff) - easily keeping-up with it's starter-cube grown sisters.

So, if I was growing purely in coco I wouldn't be bothering with any sort of starter cubes anymore... in fact I might try putting these coco-cuts directly into rockwool if they can hold their shape...

One day I will buy a camera and post some pictorial proof...

ATB

Stan

hi folks

just a quick look at my 2 white russian clones vegging in coco and clay pellets been fed ionics coco and formulex at a ec of 1-4 with a ph of 6

looking fine to me nice lush green colour no yellowing ,roots have hit the bottom of the pot already

today is the first day under the 400w cool tube gonna top them soon as there around 1 foot tall now so ill top them tomorrow and veg them for a few more weeks then apply a bit of training see how it goes ,taking a few clones to before switching 12-12

have another white russian vegging away to under a envirolight gonna keep her vegging for a long time top and train her to

e2a the one on the right touched the light hence the burning on some of those top leaves :B):

peppi :spliff:

post-45069-1259861590_thumb.jpg

post-45069-1259861601_thumb.jpg

Edited by Peppi

wont be doing a diary p and q ill just stick the odd pic in this thread instead

every time i do a diary i end up not updating it so .........

yep looking good so far not a hint of yellow or other problems !!!!

peppi :yep:

Guest peace&quiet

Morning folks!

Im thinking about bottom feeding this time around & wondering whats best to go about this? Ive got 5 plants in 11 litre pots sitting in a drip tray at the mo,the trays about 3" deep.

Should I just flood the tray and leave it for half an hour and then drain away anything thats left or is it best to give them it individually?

Thanks in advance.

p&q

Morning folks!

Im thinking about bottom feeding this time around & wondering whats best to go about this? Ive got 5 plants in 11 litre pots sitting in a drip tray at the mo,the trays about 3" deep.

Should I just flood the tray and leave it for half an hour and then drain away anything thats left or is it best to give them it individually?

Thanks in advance.

p&q

hey P&Q - hope all is well!

I am going to bottom feed as wel as I am going Scrog again and top feeding will be a no go.

I read on OWD's diary that each pot should have its own tray, that way you know exactly what each one is getting - I will also be using 11 ltr pots after pot up.

Owd used, 1 ltr every two days and sometimes missed a day if the coco looked wet/damp, but he only used 7 ltr pots i think so in the 11ltrs we will probably have to feed a little more than 1ltr every couple of days - but i think we shall see.

So, one pot, one tray seems to be the way forward for bottom feeding

Z

Guest peace&quiet

Morn Z

Im good thanks..you?

Ah bugger it! Yeah Ive read Owderbs ways aswell mate,I was planning on using individual saucers but the ones Ive got only fit 6.5 litre pots,the 11,s are way to big.

Think the wifes out and about today Ill ask her to look out for some drip trays or simular. Maybe kittiekat litter trays?

Thanks for your reply fella.

p&q

should we expect mg deficiency in coco ????

Shouldn't do if you're using coco-specific nutes. Maybe if you have really soft or RO water?

GN

Hi All...Great Thread!!!

I have got to go shopping tomorrow for some Nutes and wanted to show you my shopping list and see what you think. This is my first indoor coco grow and I am at 23 days flower (check out my diary http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?show...;#entry2024646). I have been using canna A+B and Senizym throughout Veg..I have added Bigbud to the mix since the first week of flower and continuing. All looking great :applause: to me!

The List:

Canna A+B

Big Bud

senizym

Hammerhead

Carboload

Overdrive ??possibly??

Final Phase ????

Your thoughts are welcomed. Do I have all the bases covered for the rest of flower?

Peace

MM

Edited by Medicineman

should we expect mg deficiency in coco ????

Maybe if you have really soft or RO water?

GN

using ionics coco nutes along with a little forumlex mixed to a ec of 1-4 ,ph 6

i seem to have a little problem developing ill post pics tonight after work!!! :spliff:

think we have soft water here GN bud !!!

its ec out of the tap is zero dosent register on the bluelab

peppi :spliff:

Edited by Peppi

After reading a number of coco grow diarys i see some people change the pH of their nutrient sometimes, for example using a pH of 6 during veg and then a pH of say 5.8 during flower and even altering the pH during some stages of flowering.

Can someone explain why you might do this and how it works?

Im currently on my first coco grow and i am still in the veg phase, second potting into 1.5L pots and soon to go into final 6.5L pots.

All the way through so far i have kept the pH at 5.8 using Hesi coco nutrient (TNT) and root stimulator.

thanks..

Guest peace&quiet

Hello Savage.

I dont think it matters as long as your in the range of 5.8-6.2 youll be fine.

I always have to ajust mine after making fresh nutes up and were it lands at it stays as long as its in the range I mention. No probs as yet!

How you liking the hesi (tnt) mate..

Many ml per litre you using?

I add 3/4 ml per litre in veg from the start with rooted clones.

Atb.

p&q

I am going to bottom feed as wel as I am going Scrog again and top feeding will be a no go.

I read on OWD's diary that each pot should have its own tray, that way you know exactly what each one is getting - I will also be using 11 ltr pots after pot up.

Owd used, 1 ltr every two days and sometimes missed a day if the coco looked wet/damp, but he only used 7 ltr pots i think so in the 11ltrs we will probably have to feed a little more than 1ltr every couple of days - but i think we shall see.

So, one pot, one tray seems to be the way forward for bottom feeding

Z

Zaaboot,

why not hook up a drip system, remove the drippers and flood from the top down. 11lt pots in coco are total overkill mate, I've used a weeks veg per litre of coco, but now I'm finding myself increasingly using smaller pots from 11lt-7.5lt-6lt-5lt and now I'm going to try out 3.6l. The point being is that if you treat coco as soil you'll get soil yields. So if someone feels the need not to have to water coco for 2 days then the coco isn't getting used to it full potential. You basically want a root bound plant flooded top to bottom 3 times per day, and it will YIELD. It'll save you some cash on coco and nutes in the long run mate.

Just my 2C :spliff:

• Like 1

After reading a number of coco grow diarys i see some people change the pH of their nutrient sometimes, for example using a pH of 6 during veg and then a pH of say 5.8 during flower and even altering the pH during some stages of flowering.

Can someone explain why you might do this and how it works?

Different chems(in the nutrients) have different levels of ph in which makes it available for the plant to take up.

eta: cant work out if that makes sense :stoned: bare with me..

eta:

post-25316-1260189336_thumb.png

Edited by stickyblack