6step guide to making your rvk silent

Guest leepy

i also think that the noise is more louder from the intake "filter"

i also have a idea on reducing it..

a Y adapter from extraction fan going to 2 filters.

ie, 2 filters as intake, using only one fan.

there will now be more surface area sucking in air, reducing the "woosh"

or mabe use a bigger filter, ie, 5" fan 8"+ filter

any thoughts on this ?

i also think that the noise is more louder from the intake "filter"

i also have a idea on reducing it..

a Y adapter from extraction fan going to 2 filters.

ie, 2 filters as intake, using only one fan.

there will now be more surface area sucking in air, reducing the "woosh"

or mabe use a bigger filter, ie, 5" fan 8"+ filter

any thoughts on this ?

Its a good idea bro But it'll take up a fair amount of room and empty ya pockets of hard earned cash for a wk or 2 lol

• 2 weeks later...

tryed this out few weeks ago and came back t say good shout.... fookin made my night when iread over everythin

fucking stupid cock eating cunt fuck is your problam ya fucking dickhead what a load fucking bollacks you pathetic wanker .what is it with fucking dickheads like you??? Why the fuck do they wanna try an wined me up :(:):D:ninja::D:rofl: you poor sad cunt your new name is now troll

:rofl::rofl:

some ppl lol

troll.... pmsl

Sweet leepy, another great thread! will be puttin gthis into action over the wkend. Mines rattling like a mofo on top of one of my ballasts :(

Guest Danjaman

I did this a few months ago after reading this thread with my 5" rvk intake works a treat fella :stoned: i'll post a pic later when i finish work.

Edited by Danjaman

I did this a few months ago after reading this thread with my 5" rvk intake works a treat fella :wassnnme: i'll post a pic later when i finish work.

Now thats what i ilke to hear bro nice one mucka :smoke:

another satisfied customer here leepy, thanks for the idea wouldent of thought of it myself defo worked for me.

although i will say any noise i get now is from the sharp 90degree bend in my ducting, other than that not a wisper from my 6".

also controlled by a variac witch also helps alot.

cheers

skippy

looking good leepy, I did something similar a while back myself although not as neat as yours...that stuff has a mind of its own!

I wonder why people would criticize your effort when youre design pretty much emulates :stoned: the acoustic type fans currently sold for big bucks in hydro stores

variac witch

post-26012-1255768222_thumb.jpg

Guest Healthystealthy

yup, worked for me too mucka :stoned:

word of warning to anyone tho, WEAR OLD CLOTHES!!!!!!!!!

stoner me tried to be careful, neat & tidy.......

got it on me new jeans & you dont want that shit on your good clothes ;)

I've got an airforce silenced fan and I can honestly say while I love it the 6 inch rvk with a roll of rockwool wrapped and tied around it and then turned right down using the airforce controller (It's just a fancy variac) is actually quieter for the same airflow. I have a double silencer setup on the outtake and a single silencer on the intake. Don't need acoustic ducting it seems to make very little difference to being able to hear the grow once outside the grow room. You can only hear my grow on the quietest of nights and then only just on the edge of hearing if you stand within 1 foot of the door.

Guest Danjaman
word of warning to anyone tho, WEAR OLD CLOTHES!!!!!!!!

And wear latex gloves,it takes about a week to get off your hands :nea:

:rolleyes:lollollol Stick that in ya fucking pipe an smoke it Edin bud

Cheers chaps its nice to know that something iv posted has helpped someone out :rofl:

looking good leepy, I did something similar a while back myself although not as neat as yours...that stuff has a mind of its own!

I wonder why people would criticize your effort when youre design pretty much emulates :) the acoustic type fans currently sold for big bucks in hydro stores

My airforce fan is like a water wheel not a traditional fan and I have doubts there's anything you could do to get your RVK as quiet (Or me) but you can get it close enough for most people.

Decent acoustic fans are better than RVK's because of how they move the air, it's less choppy and less turbulence, are they worth the money, to me yes they are and I will replace my RVK after xmas with the larger airforce (My small airforce is acting as an air in.) They aren't for everyone though and you can get damn fine results using just a roll of rockwool and cable ties. It all comes down to how much silence mean to you.