6step guide to making your rvk silent

Guest leepy

alright amigo, glad to see you back on the scene :wink:

& speaking about your other good idea's, is Der Bunker still in lockdown ?

• 2 weeks later...

This is the most practical and best idea ive seen yet on 420, cheers mate, im gonna pass your info on to me mate who has a 200mm Rvk which is a loud bastard, tar!

lol @ loud like a bastard!! :rofl:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This inspired me to make my soundproof fan box,I opted for fire rated mdf to make the box and instead of the foam I pack it with spare rock wool grow cubes and hung it with bunjies ,a couple of lenghts of acoustic ducting and a silencer to kill the whoosh job done ,total silence.cheers for the inspiration Leepy my man.

• Like 1

This inspired me to make my soundproof fan box,I opted for fire rated mdf to make the box and instead of the foam I pack it with spare rock wool grow cubes and hung it with bunjies ,a couple of lenghts of acoustic ducting and a silencer to kill the whoosh job done ,total silence.cheers for the inspiration Leepy my man.

What size thickness of mdf did you use mate?

As im planning on doing the same thing to mine as using cardboard and foam wasnt as quiet as i hoped!

• 4 months later...

fuck me i still have a thread whoop whooop lol

Hi there Leepy.

I was wondering if your expanding foam method will work with one of those in-line Fantronics extractor fan? Im just worried about fire risk.

Also. How big a box do you recommend to the size of the fan? I have one of those box's paper is delivered in, seems a little too flimsy and thin to me.... Need help

Love the idea by the way

fuck me i still have a thread whoop whooop lol

Hi there Leepy.

I was wondering if your expanding foam method will work with one of those in-line Fantronics extractor fan? Im just worried about fire risk.

Also. How big a box do you recommend to the size of the fan? I have one of those box's paper is delivered in, seems a little too flimsy and thin to me.... Need help

Love the idea by the way

cant see why it wouldnt work fella an the box dosnt want to be too big otherwise youll spend a small fortune on foam lol an theres no fire hazard mucka its not like fans get warm they suck air in an spit it out give it a go bro its worked for a lot of ppl here an on other sites hope it works for you buddy leepy

I think the only thing you didn`t mention Leepy, was you don`t have to discharge the whole tin of foam in one go lol

it went everywhere, i have a imitation of mount Everest on a piece of ply in my back garden now lol

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
lol a mate recommend me do this before i joined this site , didnt explain the whole thing well though , ended up doing it in the attic in a box id packed down , didnt wrap it in a bag first , ended up the box was too big to get out the attic and cleaning the fan up was a fooking nightmare. :wallbash:

• 2 weeks later...

Just made this to avoid ANY messy spray foam it works a treat almost silent with a 6" vent axia kitchen fan in i used 1" epa foam insulation to accousticly silence the unit ! ;) .

gallery_73654_4561_52598.jpg

GNA #1

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a great and simple idea!

Do you know how many decibels it will take a 200mm RVK from and to? I am considering getting an 200mm air force fan, there £249! bit steep! They are 19db which is impressive, but this is would be a fraction of the price!