What are you listening to ? Part2

The Major

I often wonder how much of a career Dr Dre would have had if Parliament / Funkadelic had never existed. They are the back bone of early West Coast rap music ( and James Brown is the backbone of East Coast rap)

More ballad than funk but I still love this song, one of the few decent tracks to contain bagpipes and make it work.

Gotta love this one too. Purely to watch the whole Funkadelic crew runnin around NYC out there nuts LSD. big Fozzy looks high as fuck.

• Like 1

• Replies 49.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boojum

• j.o.i.n.t

• Yosser Hughes

• Jimboo

And of course Maggot Brain, one of the sweetest guitar solos ever courtesy of Eddie Hazel

• Like 1

Not too sure what genre this is. Funk, soul, rock n roll. So much energy here.

Edited by Shogun
Spelling
  • Like 1

These two guys have just recently got a record deal. I only discovered them last week.  Quality tune  deep n raw

• Like 1

@neothe1 What's that bands name mate? I'm trying to figure out if I know them from somewhere or if I'm just getting flash backs from coked up house parties I was at through the 90s and 00s. Honestly they look very familiar.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Shogun said:

@neothe1 What's that bands name mate? I'm trying to figure out if I know them from somewhere or if I'm just getting flash backs from coked up house parties I was at through the 90s and 00s. Honestly they look very familiar.

They are called 'The real sleeping giants'  bro.  They just got signed a couple of months ago and are in the process of releasing their first single . Apparently they are working on an album also. Those two guys have real talent in my opinion. The lyrics are off the charts. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, neothe1 said:

They are called 'The real sleeping giants'  bro.  They just got signed a couple of months ago and are in the process of releasing their first single . Apparently they are working on an album also. Those two guys have real talent in my opinion. The lyrics are off the charts. 

I swear to god I've seen them somewhere. Google tells me they live near me. I'm wondering if they've done street performances at the Edinburgh festival. I can't think where else I could have seen them.