Trust Jesus Christ

d_L_t

Ahhhhh, I've just thought.

According to sociological research, people don't trust men with beards (that's why you rarely see door to door salesmen or market researchers with beards - honest, I was told to shave my beard off when I was a double glazing salesman). Jesus had a beard. So you can't trust him :)

Edited to add and you can only trust the money that hasn't got a picture of a bloke with a beard on it. Sorted.

Edited by Boojum

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• d_L_t

• Father McPot

• Boojum

• Hir

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting Smokey. I've never concidered the idea of a god who isn't all knowing. A god who created a universe by accident and who doesn't know how it's going to pan out....

I only trust in myself. and even then.... :unsure: :unsure:

Money is a tool, pure and simple. The morality and ethical application of said tool are entirely in the hands of the tool user. As can be seen by the example of many crooked church people.

Ahhhhh, I've just thought.

According to sociological research, people don't trust men with beards (that's why you rarely see door to door salesmen or market researchers with beards - honest, I was told to shave my beard off when I was a double glazing salesman). Jesus had a beard. So you can't trust him :)

Edited to add and you can only trust the money that hasn't got a picture of a bloke with a beard on it. Sorted.

Apparently, Thatcher was one of the beard fearing/hating people.

but in a way, the article is right about money - it is evil.

No more evil than any other inanimate objects.

How is money an "inanimate object" ?

Because it isn't organic (not alive). Obviously you've got a different definition of 'inanimate'.

edit: I'm talking about material cash; not economics or anything like that. I mean, if you put a tenner on the floor it won't do anything.

Edited by Father McPot

Does seem to move around a lot ...people remember the Pantomime routine...£5 Aladin (say) owes £5 to x ...starts the chain of debt until the £5 ends up back with aladin after a bit of shtickfor the kids, who smiles and goes to pocket the £5... then the landdlord Baron arrives and take the money and pockets it... a small piece of the ragged troused philanthropist. in panto in the sixties and seveties..adapted for most pantos...has it endured only seen a few pantos since 1980 and wasntin the four or five Ive seen since 1980

Edited by Hir

Because it isn't organic (not alive). Obviously you've got a different definition of 'inanimate'.

It wasn't the word "inanimate" I was concerned about,but the description of money as an "object" ;)

edit: I'm talking about material cash; not economics or anything like that. I mean, if you put a tenner on the floor it won't do anything.

Aye...but cash isn't "money" - notes and coins and electronic numbers aren't "money",they're simply representations of an abstract concept used to quantify economic activity.

I only trust in myself. and even then.... ;):blub:

Innit.

I worry about me sometimes.....

Should I trust me? :blub:

Mostly I think, 'Yes, without question', but looking back at some things I've done..... How the heck I lived through some of the things I walked right into with eyes open and brain in neutral I'll never know..... :(

Money is a tool, pure and simple. The morality and ethical application of said tool are entirely in the hands of the tool user. As can be seen by the example of many crooked church people.

I really don't like money. That's why I'm poor people. Poor if people are judged by the amount of money they can squirrel away that is. When it comes to the things that matter most to me, family, family, and family, I got them beat hands down. :rofl:

Money is simply a convenient way of storing wealth. It's not good, or bad, but what it can induce in a lot of people is really not nice. The lengths some people will go to to get it is equally not nice. To betray a trust to get it, is horrible.

I don't like what it does to people's eyes. You can see greed in people's eyes.

I tend not to seek it, or use it. I'd be much happier bartering produce or skills.

Edited by nigfis

It wasn't the word "inanimate" I was concerned about,but the description of money as an "object" :spliff:

Aye...but cash isn't "money" - notes and coins and electronic numbers aren't "money",they're simply representations of an abstract concept used to quantify economic activity.

Yeah, you're right and I know what you mean. However, I think 'money' in this instance (regarding the "money is evil" belief) is referring to the everyday seeing and touching, bank and shopping 'money'. The 'micro' money, rather than the 'macro' (global or national economic activity).

(No, money is a false idol. If you trust money, then you will not have anything after you die. Trust Jesus instead of money. Then, when you die you will have a mansion in Heaven on a street made with pure gold. Trusting Jesus is therefore much better than trusting money, since it has great eternal rewards.)

yep dont trust in money,gold,big house, because you will get that in heaven?

keep dangling that carrot.

seems to be the same carrot that will get you 7 virgins after you become a martyr for the holy war.

trust in the sun people,its arrived every morning that ive been on this earth,brings food, water and light,and grows the best ganja.

peace yossman

Some say we are all just little pieces of organized energy from the sun..

Oh if only I were organized lol

Edited by Boojum