Is time travel possible?

alien12

Particle physicist Brian Cox investigates the concept of time, exploring its origins and its limits, and questioning whether traveling through it will ever be possible. He travels to Mexico, where the ancient Mayans once built temples dedicated to the subject, and dispels popular misconceptions about the length of the average day.

Could be good..?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alien12

• Keye

• Blayz'd

• strawberry

I say yes, with worm holes (among other ways).

eta: you need two sets of them such that both worm holes have an opening locally to you, but the other ends are very far away - crucially one exit point must be a good bit further away from the origin than the other, and you must be able to travel between the two end points.

time travel is achieved by passing through the local entrance of a worm hole and upon exiting travelling to the other worm hole, and then returning through it to the origin.

the direction of travel is determined by the choice of local entrance and the distance travelled is determined by the respective distances of the exit points from the origin.

I think that there is a many worlds aspect to this too though....

Edited by roger

Guest grandad

i travel through time in a forward motion, but i belong in the past, i use music and songs to transport me backwards in time to where the land is peaceful.

supposedly only possible from point the technology is invented

e.g if it is invented on 14th december 2010, you will not be able to go back and the see the bloody dinosaurs, but on 15th december 2010 and from all time thereafter you will be able to go back to 14th december 2010, but never any earlier

supposedly only possible from point the technology is invented

e.g if it is invented on 14th december 2010, you will not be able to go back and the see the bloody dinosaurs, but on 15th december 2010 and from all time thereafter you will be able to go back to 14th december 2010, but never any earlier

unless you have the ability to project an exit point.

eta: time travel and many worlds, is how I envisage quantum computing to work.

Edited by roger

Guest Dashboard Dice
you lost me already, I hope I can understand the program.

Strap in! :spliff:

He discovers that we not only travel through time at the speed of light, but the experience we feel as the passing of time could be an illusion.

more

but the experience we feel as the passing of time could be an illusion.

a skeptic might say: reality could be an illusion.

eta: but i don't believe that for a planck second.

Edited by roger

If it were possible i'd travel to the future and pick up seeds of the current 'mega hybrids' then zap back to the past and start a strain breeding program. Then come back to the present day and see what cannabis arrises :spliff:

Then again if you had a time travel machine, you could just cut out all that grow time and age hash immensely.

Oh man :disguise2:

fine in theory, but unfortunately as speed goes up so dose mass to the point you would be compressed into negative density long before travelling though time.

that's why you need an Einstein-Rosen Bridge to get past this issue.

that's why you need an Einstein-Rosen Bridge to get past this issue.

or flux capacitor! :disguise2:

There is no problem that can not be solved by the correct application of explosives :spliff: