A spiritual thread

showgirl

Hello ,I want to start a thread of like minded forum members who may like to discuss and please with some eddicate what I am going through in my life in relation to smoking cannabis. The pros and cons for me and should I try to live a more spiritual life without the use of this great plant because I think I'm hooked and can't stop!! I got problems as well as anyone because I feel nobody on this earth is totally mentally well. Marijuana has always been my crutch carrying me through my adolecence(feelings) per pressure, homelife problems and all,and it help me deal with my life at those times.I tried to live a life with children and making a living and still having my little puff to soften the edges of my life.I found that I needed to stay away from "it" to operate effieciently and spent years working against my addiction knowing in the back of my mind when I could I would come back to "it" when I could afford to lay back and enjoy. Now I feel a calling to leave it be and become more spiritual as I know that I am an all around better person... AAAH...I hate to say this but "it" is becoming my god. I don't know about anyone else but most of the time when I quit I had too as I just couldn't get any. Withdrawal for me was always hellish bad nerves cold seats,nightmares,no sleep,remorseful,and always wondered why I reacted so profound with this stuff. I always loved it.Told my partner when we married take me with my cannabis or not at all and never bug me about it!! So I got my wish. I have had some health problems in the last couple of years and am staring at my mortality and thinking of throwing in the towel and trying to follow some sort of soul repair before my time is through. I don't want to rile anyone up about discussing quitting smoking marijuana, please keep an open mind here and anyone thought on my present feelings would be appreciated and hopefully helpful to me and anyone else. Thank you all for being who you are. Bless Showgirl

Guest grandad

i'm not sure what spiritual is. over the years i've tried to understand myself and what makes me tic, because i have adhd its like having 2 halves and cannabis helps me to control the side of me that does my head in, i think pure thoughts of peace and love and i try to act accordingly, i dont judge people for there failures and i will help where i can. i consider the body is only a shell that hosts who and what we are and eventuall we wont have need for it. people think i'm strange because i have peaceful thoughts, what a world to live in where nic is considered odd.

There is a Theology, Metaphysics an d Philosophy forum, have a look in there perhaps.

Oh!

hehe The train as just left the station peace SG

Are you leaving the weed cos you cant handle not having any or because you feel 'addicted' ?

No I, for once am not wanting for since joining this grow site,:unsure: I knew I was addicted 30 years ago. Can't stop with all this dope around.:badass: not funny reallylol See how mixed up I am Peace Sg

If anything, cannabis has helped me relate to, see, and participate in a world of spirituality that I could only think about without experience. It is the experience of 'spirit' which cannabis has helped me to find.. among so many other wonderful things. So with that in mind... I suppose that Cannabis is a part of my own personal spirituality, but I wouldn't say that its like a god or anything.. just a method with which to be more receptive to the energies around me.

Guest grandad

i'm ott the way i feel about cannabis, i smoke constantly day after day from 6am untill 10.pm 7 days every week, many years ago i questioned the rights and wrongs over my obsession and just to prove to myself i could stop i did just for 1 week one time, and 2 wks another time and i came up with the same answer trice, why the fuck not, i have never questioned it since.

If anything, cannabis has helped me relate to, see, and participate in a world of spirituality that I could only think about without experience. It is the experience of 'spirit' which cannabis has helped me to find.. among so many other wonderful things. So with that in mind... I suppose that Cannabis is a part of my own personal spirituality, but I wouldn't say that its like a god or anything.. just a method with which to be more receptive to the energies around me.

I think I could say the same Rev. probably wouldn't change a thing up to now in my life but just feel that I iether have to smoke all the time or not at all.Black and white...I just can't find that middle ground.sg

Personally i think you would be better off staying with the weed but you may find weed grown now far too high in thc and may be getting anxieties ??

I do big time, have you been able to experience the Spirituality of quality hash recently??? if you can hunt some down :unsure:

Good luck

i'm ott the way i feel about cannabis, i smoke constantly day after day from 6am untill 10.pm 7 days every week, many years ago i questioned the rights and wrongs over my obsession and just to prove to myself i could stop i did just for 1 week one time, and 2 wks another time and i came up with the same answer trice, why the fuck not, i have never questioned it since.

Hi grandad,thanks for contributing. It sounds like it is fine for you.My view of life is scary for me and I love the way you feel. Please send me some,thanks. I have three spirits... mine ..a good and of course a bad one. The battle goes on.Sg

Personally i think you would be better off staying with the weed but you may find weed grown now far too high in thc and may be getting anxieties ??

I do big time, have you been able to experience the Spirituality of quality hash recently??? if you can hunt some down lol

Good luck

Haven't smoked any good hash since Marley took his foot with him. The only hash I'll have is if I make it myself. Don't worry I tried.What a @#$%^& up that was :yinyang: Sg

I lot of that resonated to me. One of the first thoughts I had was that "it" is my god!!! But that's to say, what I consider to be natural is 'god'. I consider cannabis to be nature's gift and so I smoke it and it helps greatly with life (i.e. I can live with it!) so there's no way I'm dropping the one thing that keeps me sane just because the mainstream says otherwise.

I'm really trying to discover my spirituality too and I've just bought some Salvia in the pursuit of that (just waiting for the right time to do it. I know I'll be doing it for the right reasons). I'm hoping that will open the gateway for me because so far I haven't been able to access that higher plane. I guess I'm always just a bit too stoned/drunk/easily distracted to sit down and meditate properly so I'm hoping the lady will be my trigger. Otherwise I'm going to have to go to South America and try the Ayawasca (sp?)!!!! I know there's more to life that the material shit we're bombarded with, but it's oh so difficult to stand aside and think outside of it! I just say do what feels right and what feels instinctively natural and if that doesn't work then fuck it!! I'd rather live a life believing in an unknown quantity (as I like the call it, or as Jung did, the cosmic consciousness) than follow some doctrine that's foisted upon me.

Not sure if that helps, but nevertheless, I hope you feel a bit brighter soon. But please don't let the your true self be influenced by influences that really don't make sense to you.

e2a: I've not added anything yet lol, but I know I will :yinyang:

kk e2a for clarify!

Edited by mrrichiet

Guest dr rockster

Hi there showgirl,

whatever you choose to do I hope it brings you happiness and may I say its always been nice chatting in posts with you. :yahoo:

And it was nice to meet an American girl who even the bears are scared of! :yahoo:

And I've always wanted to say but never got around to it that you have one of the nicest avatar pics on the site,in that you've got a mysterious

girl offering you a joint and I think that's really nice and is I think a reflection of your nature as a person. lol

Follow your spiritual star. :yinyang: