sound sight thought

wisdom strength beauty

lol:spliff: :spliff:

B o b

osiris isis horace

Ah yes,the mighty Egyptian god - Horace ! lol

Faith Hope Charity

Ego Super-Ego Id

Black White Yellow (Magick - according to Crowley)

Maiden Mother Crone

Edited by Twenty_Three

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

lol

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

:yinyang:

:wassnnme: I just had a pea try to escape through my nose.

Maiden Mother Crone

I strongly suspect there's the crux of the thing, at least in terms of religious trinities. I'm sure they all have their roots in the pagan trinity of maiden/mother/crone and the Greek Moirae, the fates, Clotho, Lachesis and Atropos.

Maide,Mother and Crone.

Mother

The Mother represents ripeness, fertility, sexuality, nurturance, fulfillment, stability, power and life.

Crone

The Crone represents wisdom, repose, death, and endings. Like the moon which waxes once again after the new moon and like in the year, where spring always follows winter. The Crone is an end, but she is always followed by the Maiden once more. It is death and rebirth, representing the common pagan belief of reincarnation as well as the renewing cycles of the moon and of the year.

Maiden

Among Pagans, "The Maiden" represents enchantment, inception, expansion, the promise of new beginnings, birth, youth and youthful enthusiasm.

I think It's the same three states of being.

Alive

Dead

And the magical space in between.

:guitar::)lol

Bob.

Aye, though I'd put it more in terms of beginning, middle and end, they are the 3 universals and between the three of them they constitute existence - Clothos spins the thread of existence, Atropos weaves the thread of existence into a thing (or measures it out, depending on the myth), Lachesis decides the manner of the ending of existence and cuts the thread, elegant in its simplicity. As archetypes of belief the triumvirate of maiden, mother and crone and the Greek fates have always held more attraction for me than most other things of that nature, perhaps mostly because unlike the archetypes of more recent religions (certainly the Abrahamic ones) there is no moral dimension to them, they simply are.

I like what Neil Gaiman did with the archetypes in The Sandman, as I've said numerous times it's probably my favourite 'literary' work, and my favourite part is probably The Kindly Ones, which deals with the fates (also known as the kindly ones - not because they are kind but out of fear), and the consequences of breaking the 'rules', because the fates know nothing of morality but there are rules.

Edited by Boojum

Aye, though I'd put it more in terms of beginning, middle and end, they are the 3 universals and between the three of them they constitute existence - Clothos spins the thread of existence, Atropos weaves the thread of existence into a thing (or measures it out, depending on the myth), Lachesis decides the manner of the ending of existence and cuts the thread, elegant in its simplicity. As archetypes of belief the triumvirate of maiden, mother and crone and the Greek fates have always held more attraction for me than most other things of that nature, perhaps mostly because unlike the archetypes of more recent religions (certainly the Abrahamic ones) there is no moral dimension to them, they simply are.

I like what Neil Gaiman did with the archetypes in The Sandman, as I've said numerous times it's probably my favourite 'literary' work, and my favourite part is probably The Kindly Ones, which deals with the fates (also known as the kindly ones - not because they are kind but out of fear), and the consequences of breaking the 'rules', because the fates know nothing of morality but there are rules.

I haven't read that one,is there a youtube video.

I haven't read that one,is there a youtube video.

God...............Mother .................... Messiah,Christ,Khristos,mankind,you,me,we're all the son of god,we just need the right anointing,to know it.)

Bob :spliff: