Smile.

oldtimer1

i pm'd about 3 days ago about them an got a reply within a day, i just sent off for mine today, so hopefully will have them soon, but still doing out my new house so wont have a grow room for a few month so will have to wait to try them.

Danlad

Received seeds today, so a big thanks to joolz for gettin em to me in super fast time with no probs, and also thanks to OT1, will let everyone know ow it goes when i get em going

Thanks

Danlad

• 5 weeks later...

Well.. Excuse me I'm wrecked.. :rofl::rofl:

This Smiles got a lot to answer for..... lol

This pheno..( I've got fourfemales.. Only three flowered as yet... IS FUCKING BRILLIANT!

Its the one in my sick plants thread...post-27723-1221607742_thumb.jpg

Apologies to OT1 for the general state of my plants but this is probably my worst grow ever...

but this plant is one of the best results!! (smoke wise.. This pics of 6 and a half weeks.. I let it gto nine....)

thank you Uk420!

• 16 years later...

Bump lol so after a 10 odd year general hiatus in growing and especially anything that might be worth keeping, I'm pretty happy with the way these smile are looking. Finally got them under a 400 mh after being under an old 250 mh until around week 4. Now somewhere around week 6...I think, prob let it go another week 10 days at least. And yes I know led etc. Digital ballast and bulb is what I know and what I had to hand getting started back up.

Very happy to see a trait that I used to love in some of the Smile phenos I have grown, trichs starting to flush purple from the stipe up. Looking forward to unique flavours and mellow yet expansive highs again after to much shitey weed.

large.20241004_161431.jpg.708bf1d5d28ac42fcd1fa71cb4747653.jpglarge.20241004_160817.jpg.c390953b9eee0cb8ac4bb069638c729a.jpglarge.20241004_160551.jpg.dadfa9504d4df61d6998234fdd5d2d7c.jpg

Edited by Cambium
  • Like 21
  • WOW 1

Great to see you growing again @Cambium

Cant knock the results of hps and cmh!

Even considering buying a parabolic shade and doing one for fun, side by side and see what really yields best.

Are the hairs on your smile straight like a hedgehog?

1 hour ago, Thai Stick said:

Great to see you growing again @Cambium

Cant knock the results of hps and cmh!

Thanks man. Dont get ahead of yourself, this is old school MH, not that newfangled ceramic tech lol

1 hour ago, Thai Stick said:

Are the hairs on your smile straight like a hedgehog

lol they're pretty straight.

Maybe one day we could partecipate to some auction and some of these seeds will be shared again...

Btw beautiful plants

Few pics of a smile from 10 years ago. 

gallery_76571_6462_49682.jpggallery_76571_6462_16864.jpggallery_76571_6462_188516.jpggallery_76571_6462_191251.jpg

Only got 1 female from 5 seeds, was a very up high with no body stone.

• Like 12
  • WOW 1

I loved Oldtimers Smile and so glad he passed his Celia mother to @Gsyrup

I made a few Celia bx1 x Celia bx1 for myself but I am happy to share with others. 

I think Ot1 used a mix of mh + hps in his grows so fancy doin the same 🤔

Well I am happy to see you growing again @Cambium

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bad Apple said:

I think Ot1 used a mix of mh + hps in his grows so fancy doin the same

Just straight MH start to finish in this one. Used to grow in a 2.5m2 space with a 600 hps and a 400 mh at either end of an ally bar that I'd spin 180 degrees every day. Those were the days lol next run I'll probably do mh veg to just past stretch, hps from 2-3 weeks then finish under mh. It's all a bit old school these days and no doubt super inefficient, but that's ok with me while I find my feet. Still tweaking soil mix and room temps also, but even without all this pinned down the smells from the drobe are outstanding. 

24 minutes ago, Bad Apple said:

Well I am happy to see you growing again @Cambium

Thanks man, good to be back at it properly selecting mums fro my needs. Now also considering some breeding programs off the back of a pile of real seed co and coldstore beans that @Felix Dzerzhinsky passed on before he left these shores. Still also got half a dozen little hands beans from ot1's library that I wont even get out  of their packet until I have my process nailed.

Edited by Cambium
  • Like 3