Gardening Which Compost Trials 08

oldtimer1

NewCrytstals

Well ive a few females to be put in there final pots,now i ran outtaall mix and wen i went to g shop they had none,so got me this grow bag from homebase is this the 1 also john innes no3,heres the pic ,potting up tomorow ,any replys much appreciated didnt wanna start new topic,,,regards,,,Oss. :spliff: oh u can just make out the jinnes is that ok ?

post-19135-1218669218_thumb.jpg

post-19135-1218669260.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• johnyblaze

• djay

• oldtimer1

• Machiavelli

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do the composts tested at the start of the thread compare with the composts designed specifically for Cannabis?

For example, All-mix, Canna Terra Pro (and Pro +), Plagron (Royalty-mix, bat-mix, all-mix etc, Grow-mix)

And which of those do people think perform best?

• 2 weeks later...

you can find just as good and better in your local garden center , homebase or B & Q mate , at fraction of the price .

i d like to try JAB multi with added JI , but local stockists don t know when new stock coming in .

B & Q JI#2 + JI#3 contd.

day 31..

post-7729-1220262653_thumb.jpg

post-7729-1220262948_thumb.jpg

file too big to include in last post .

overall i liked the results from this compost . smoke tasted nice and clean . no problems with re-wetting or feeding . root development into final pots wasn t as good as i d hoped though . seemed to be far more development inside the rootball formed in the first sq pots .

post-7729-1220267641_thumb.jpg

CaptainStoner

Which is the best for all through the cycle? I can't have multiple bags of compost hanging around.. one is bad enough..

My clones will be rooted in a bubble cloner.. Looking this i might have to go for a b&q JI 2 and do my seeds in rockwool.. Sound about right?

lol

any good multi purpose compost does the lot mate . germinate , root clones , pot on , flower . no need to use JI2, then 3 etc. just something i was trying out.

plenty info in the forums . chances are your questions have been answered before . learning to use the "advanced search" has saved me hours lol.

members have reported good all round results with JAB MultiPurpose with JI . Westlands MP with JI used to be very good , but they changed the formula just as i started growing with compost . rumour has it they may have recently changed back to the good old stuff . last time i checked the bags at my local garden centre , none of the westlands composts had any perlite , so i take it the duff formula is still around up here.

Edited by johnyblaze

CaptainStoner

After i posted that, but before i read your reply, i went to b&q and had a look.. I was tempted to buy a bag of their seedling and cutting compost and try and use it all through the cycle(maybe mix perlite/verm in).. They sell it in nice 20L bags which would be excellent for me.. Think i'll take a trip to the big garden centre fairly near here and look for some small bags of JAB MP.

Ta for that :rofl: :rofl:

Which is the best for all through the cycle? I can't have multiple bags of compost hanging around.. one is bad enough..

My clones will be rooted in a bubble cloner.. Looking this i might have to go for a b&q JI 2 and do my seeds in rockwool.. Sound about right?

:D

you will have the wrong roots to put into compost if you have cloned in a bubble cloner