hiphop

KToWn

i hear what pip was saying about the racism though. black lad sings it and its buzzin but white man sings it and he's racist. thanks to eminem that shit has almost been blown away! i cant really curse hip-hop what with me being a hardcore raver n all

Guest smoketilluchoke
i hear what pip was saying about the racism though. black lad sings it and its buzzin but white man sings it and he's racist. thanks to eminem that shit has almost been blown away! i cant really curse hip-hop what with me being a hardcore raver n all

what are you talking about?? :ouch:

Edited by smoketilluchoke

I'm a big fan of hip-hop. There's great music both from the old skool and the new skool. People who judge entire genres of music based on some of the mainstream examples tend to miss great music. I'm open to most genres, and love to find good music that most of my friends never heard of.

After Dizzee Rascal released Boy In Da Corner I got my eyes up for UK hip-hop. I had listened to Roots Manuva (he is great) before Dizzee came out, but it's easier nowadays to discover underground music via for example YouTube. Other UK rappers I like is Ghetto, Akala, The Streets, Wiley, Devlin and Sway.

Being from Norway, we don't have a bunch of great rappers, but there are some I like. Especially some local rappers from my city rapping in Norwegian about topics I can relate to - and not the usual showoff-rap from USA regarding the size of ones rims and chains. Of course, I listen to some of that rap as well, but when I want something related to my own life I especially like a local artist called Lars Vaular.

Here is a song from his new album which I feel is a nostalgic trip back to when my young generation grew up in the 80s and 90s. He's rapping in Norwegian, so you probably don't understand anything, but here is the music video anyway:

Lars Vaular - Samme nr som i 99

When it comes to Norwegian artists rapping in English, my favourite album is Opaque's only solo album Gourmet Garbage from 2001. It is produced entirely by Tommy Tee (our countrys 'hip-hop godfather'). The whole style of the album is grimey and is nicknamed Scandinavian Funk. Here's a song called Draped In The Cloak Of Darkness (turn up your subwoofers):

Edited by vaskemask

Guest smoketilluchoke

not all usa shit is about rims & chains

you need to look past mtv & the radio

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> Edited by smoketilluchoke

This beat is crazy....videos pretty good too. I've been a fan of french rap for time so sorry if it aint your thing.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> Edited by Suspect

This beat is crazy....videos pretty good too. I've been a fan of french rap for time so sorry if it aint your thing.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

:wink:

not all usa shit is about rims & chains

you need to look past mtv & the radio

If that was for me, I'm perfectly aware that not all rap from USA is about rims & chains.

And MTV stopped playing music 5 years ago...

But when we're first on the topic of american rap, this trap song has a cool video:

This is what Eminem would sound like if he was educated.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Indeed this group are the shit and can keep rythem with no metronome.