hiphop

KToWn

Hip hop definition from urban dictionary.

Hip Hop is a social-political movement created in the late 70's. Hip Hop is a culture to give people who grew up in the ghetto a voice, songs in hip hop are spoken from personal experience. Songs are usually mixed with other genres of music like rock and classical (piano), or with record players and scratchersBreak Dancing and Graffiti is also apart of hip hop as a way to express the people apart of the cultures selves, Freestyling is also a major part of hip hop along with rap battles.
"Some people argue that hip hop is dead, I believe that hip hop lives underground, the unfortunate thing is that the culture is getting smaller and smaller."

"Don't confuse hip hop for rap music, rap is just words, hip hop is the context, the beat, the dance movements, hip hop is a culture, and if you grew up in the ghetto and found a voice in hip and use personal experience in the context of your rap, and use record scratchers and mix genres of music then you are most likely apart of the culture."
by Madison P May 14, 2015

Do you agree Hip Hop and Rap are two different genres? 
I think I do.
Peace

lil d

• Like 2

Junglistsoldier

I've been listening to hip hop as long as I can remember and we all know the golden years was the 90s.and peeps will say say Tupac,biggie,mobb deep, nas,eminem,rakim,etc etc when calling their all time fav hiphop tracks. I've got quite alot  hip hop albums and for me,my all time fav hiphop track is this by a group that should be up there with The Wu tang clan,fugees,cypress hill etc

.and Wise intelligent is one of my all time fav hiphop artists 

Edited by Junglistsoldier
  • Like 1

I like the break beats and mash ups when dj-ing was an art but Rap just gets on my nerves its all the same old same old mostly, always ego and violence and double standards.