hiphop

KToWn

@ whoever said uk rappers only talk about guns, er what English Mc's do u listen to then ?

haha

i didnt say that

wot i was sayin is that,

UK doesnt have the same gun crime as america, so its not as acceptable to talk about it

like a lot of people i speak to say they dont like rap that talks about guns n shit

but, its a different ting to over here, coz that is the way of life for a lot US MC's

dont get me wrong, some of them just talkin shit, tryin to go on gangsta

but at the same time, there is a real issue to be spoke on

thats why i rate c-murder, not as a lyricist- NO, but as a real dude who aint just talkin the talk

ya see me?

Uk grime/hip hop has plenty of gun refs. Not that I'm condoning., but the words tridant, tools, straps refer to guns or gun issues, and for example "merc a man down his ends blud" would translate to "I'm going to that neighbourhood to kill that so and so mate" :wink:

@ smoke ah fair enough didnt read it properly

yeah tis what some of my mates say ( who arnt into hh) its just ignorance, i think i even said it when i was going thru a prodigy / oasis stage, which was a bit odd as i listened to M.o.p religiously when i was about 11

u dont need to grow up in harlem / philly to relate to hip hop , i just relate to sick beats and heavy lyrics

cant say im a big fan of gangster rap ( n.w.a etc)

inspectah deck is madly underrated :wink:

Smoketilluchoke - Ssssssh I only pop in to see what the youth of today are listening to :rofl:

I am a long time member of the temple of HipHop, and have discussed before the 9 elements of HipHop, and the metaphysics behind it. I still listen to Rap, but can't stand the likes of Fiddy, Tha Game and his ilk. I harken back to the dayz of Afrika Bambaataa & The Zulu Nation, Whodini, KRS One, Marley Marl, MC Lyte, Heavy D & The Boys etc. People have forgootn about the H.E.A.L (Human Education Against Lies) campaign. Don't get me wrong I like some of the newer stuff, but only idf they have something to say, and not that I merked 6 police officers, robbed & killed 20 other people for the bling, and been shot several times Oooooh I'm so fookin' scared.

I know Skinnyman, and if he got his fookin' act together and stopped screwing up where the ganga is concerned he'd be alot bigger star than he is now :wink:. I still love him though, and when he's at his best he really is a good rapper. Council Estate of Mind is still a decent album IMO. I still buy the latest Redman & Methodman, but have been buying their music since they came out.

As for DJ's. Kid Capri is my No.1, followed closely by Sinbad, Fabric-live and Yoda. I also have a penchant for Tony Touch. I could go on for weeks about this subject, and at last count my HipHop collection was close to over 3,000 CD's and various vinyl. My complete recored colletion including vinyl and CD's runs at about 10,000 items. One of the reasons I recently had the loft boarded out :D

So now you know why I sometimes look through here Smoketilluchoke :D Remember, "Rap is something you do, HipHop is something you live"

Peace and one love

Buffalosoldier

e2a: spelling

Edited by BuffaloSoldier

Guest smoketilluchoke
best beatmakers in hh imo

premo

stoupe enemy of mankind

rza

large proffessor

lewis parker

pete rock

agreed but i would like to add some, while maybe they havent made the impacts of the above

i think they still ill

first of all i gotta say alchemist- DOPE

4th disciple, mathmatics (wutang)

and dj paul & juicy j YES THATS RIGHT DJ PAUL AND JUICY J- while u may not like the 3 6 music

u cannot deny the productions skills, no one can create that evil sound like these 2

or the just straight up crunk shit

makes me just wanna go outside right now and headbutt sum1 hahaha...... sorry

Edited by smoketilluchoke

Guest smoketilluchoke
but can't stand the likes of Fiddy, Tha Game and his ilk.

and not that I merked 6 police officers, robbed & killed 20 other people for the bling, and been shot several times Oooooh I'm so fookin' scared.

hahah

i cant stand fiddy neither

i did kina like that game n raekwon track tho still, but i am a reakwon fan so,,,,,

but yeh i see where u comin from

Guest smoketilluchoke

another big EV track here

here ya go tree man he switchin that wordplay up 4 ya

sounds like sum RZA shit this

Guest smoketilluchoke

deck the halls

found another track with alchemist spittin

and i know wot u mean about producers rappin

but hes not too bad, could have been a lot worse, you can tell he has actually tried to come up with his own style

kinda funky beat tho still :stoned:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Guest Tree Man

yo that Apathy track is dope .. cant play it on here with no broadband.. but got it on I tunes and blasting it now.

"the buck stops here" is one of my fav's on that album.

Kinda Hypocritical of me to like this kind of music .. but i really like Demigodz/Celph Titled/Ap/Majik Most..

I think its cause i can't take them seriously... they rap in an agressive way .. but they arer jokers... Funny bars .. plenty of funny rips.. sweet delivery!

especially Celph.

Majik is a legend!

Ev track is buffering :spliff:

Yeah producers who spit occasionally.. sweet

DJ Debris from Hilltop Hoods :notworthy::( does a bit of rapping too and has his own shit going down for a bit now..

ERRRR who else ... let me think

Edited by Tree Man

Guest Tree Man
and dj paul & juicy j YES THATS RIGHT DJ PAUL AND JUICY J- while u may not like the 3 6 music

u cannot deny the productions skills, no one can create that evil sound like these 2

or the just straight up crunk shit

3.6 Mafia...

yeah i watched Hustle and Flow last night....

they had a bit to do with the beats ect.. plus Al Capone was the lyric writer for the movie.

Whut! YeaaaaaaaH! O.KKKKKKKK...

ALLLRRRRIGGGHHHHHHT! get crunked!

Greetings,

Dechthehalls - Thank you my friend, now that's what I call Rap. The real HipHop is over here :rofl:. I was around for the days of DJ Kool Herc :). As for KRS 1 (Da Teacha!), here's my collection of his works so far. Does not include the vinyl or tapes either :rofl:.

As for the 9 elements of HipHop I pride myself on Street Fashion (I have the threads & kicks the DJ's wished they had :wink:), Strret Knowledge & Street Entrepreneurialism.

Let's here it for the Old Skool massive :smug: I'm listening to Rahzel at the moment, he's the dopest Beat boxer IMO lol

Peace and one love

Buffalosoldier

post-23719-1228819999_thumb.jpg

post-23719-1228820010_thumb.jpg

post-23719-1228820018_thumb.jpg

thats an impressive collection Buff!

i try and support the artist by buying the music i like, even if ive pre downloaded, especially with independant artists cos they need the cake. it was nice and cheap to order from america up til recently :wink:

found another track with alchemist spittin

nooo0ooooo0ooooooo haha jk he isnt too bad is he? beat is like a summer strolll along a beach. i like.

DJ Debris from Hilltop Hoods :yep::yahoo:

:ouch:@the rolly eyes B)

el-p is my fav rapping producer

'why should i be sober when god is so clearly dusted out his mind?!'

he puts on a great live show too.

Guest smoketilluchoke
3.6 Mafia...

yeah i watched Hustle and Flow last night....

they had a bit to do with the beats ect.. plus Al Capone was the lyric writer for the movie.

Whut! YeaaaaaaaH! O.KKKKKKKK...

ALLLRRRRIGGGHHHHHHT! get crunked!

yeh man 3 6 mafia they did the beat for that song

"whoopp that trick" that was a nasty beat, see wot i mean about goin headbuttin sum1 :yahoo:

i could just tell it was 3 6 straight away,

and then when he goes next door to tell em turn the music down DJ paul answers the door an he gives him the weed

he 1 horrible lukin mufuka

awww mann please dont say that - i hate lil jon, he is the worst he really ruined the term "crunk"

crunk shud mean shit to go crazy to, definately lil jons kinda music haha