hiphop

KToWn

the whole meow the jewels album is up on youtube, its actually worth a listen. some of the beats are decent.

also a new vid out for 'get it' from the first rtj album.

• Like 1

il be honest dude i don't rate the meow the jewels i think that was a joke that just went to far real run the jewels tho that's some pure fire

• Like 4

@@DaTokaFromYoka I kind of agree about meow the jewels, it went a bit too far. id rather they were concentrating on making rtj3 (which I hear is out mid 2016) but theres a few tracks on mtj that did impressed me.

tbh I would like to hear another el-p solo album sometime soon. I love his sci-fi style beats and rhymes that he seems to keep for his solo releases. that new instrumental track he did recently for a movie soundtrack is full on sci-fi beats, its a shame its only an instrumental.

• Like 2

i like that hail mary mallon album. sometimes aesop rocks voice is a bit too much for me so I like when he collaborates with someone else.

@@NegativeCreep have you heard 'the uncluded' ? its aesop rocks collaboration album with a folk singer. its an unusual album but nice and mellow.

• Like 1

@@Shogun I know what you mean about Aes voice - I'm fortunate that it just about fits without being grating/irritating. Rob Sonic is great too!

Yeah, picked up The Uncluded when it came out. I like the lyrical content of it, and the music, but the overall feel is too cute for me.

I still can't stop playing the Time? Astonishing! album by L'Orange & Kool Keith that you put me onto. Excellent!

I went on a bit of a L'Orange binge. Have you checked out his other stuff? Here is a cut from the album with Jeremiah Jae:

• Like 1

Any of you guys into Tyler and Hodgy?

yeah i think the whole odd future crew a pretty good i especially like earl sweatshirt i think he can be pretty dark but an incredible flow

Edited by DaTokaFromYoka
  • Like 2