hiphop

KToWn

cheers @negativecreep :) I have to say im out of the loop these days. datoka posts loads of good new stuff. my knowledge tends to lie in hip hop from 85 - 95, I can answer all your questions on the ultramagnetic mc's and boogie down productions but ask me about a drake or a kendrick lamar and ill stare at you blankly.

I am looking forward to a few albums that are scheduled for release this year. de la soul, daddy-o (from stetsasonic), large professor (from main source), public enemy and paris, even the new dre album might be worth a listen. its like 1993 all over again.

i also have high hopes for 'k-os - cant fly without gravity' which is released early september. i think pharahoe monch might be dropping a new album too, everything he touches is gold. no talk about material possessions, guns and hoes. just good hip hop, for grown ups.

@@catfish your educating me with your vids mate. I like that tipper, i'll need to check it out properly. have you heard of 'run the jewels' mate? I think its safe to say that rtj is a firm favourite of everyone who posts in this thread, they have 2 albums out and their both worth a listen. the beats are hard and experimental and the raps are innovative and politically charged.

Im still having issues with copying and pasting links, I have a load of videos im gonna post when I get it sorted. theres some really good turntablist videos hit youtube recently, the real turntablists have mastered the new digital media (sorato, tracto etc) and are really pushing the boundaries. ive seen some awesome dj sets pop online recently, mix master mike, scratch perverts, dj craze, scratch bastid etc. they wipe the floor with all these hand waving dance djs.

• Like 2

the first release from 'meow the jewels' is up on youtube. I still cant post links. 'meow the jewels - meowrly'

Checked that track @@Shogun EL-P is a mental genius ..and try running a c cleaner mate to clear your cookies and shit i had an issue with pasting links and that seemed to help me

@@catfish @@NegativeCreep your to kind mate my range of hip hop knowledge and preference is pretty eclectic (pretty sure that was the right word to use) i listen to stuff from beat tapes to battle rap

but im no expert mate just a big music fan

I pretty agree with everything @@Shogun said definitely check out the run the jewels Killer Mic And El-P are Just pure quality ...i checked out the tipper track

its got quite a Early dub step trap feel to it you should check out Skreams early stuff like Midnight request line or Anything from Digital Mystikz their half half step but heavy bass And nice beats or check out Flosstradamus for similar style but a little faster beats .... as far as lyricists i would recommend Kendrick Lammar on the surface its west coast Compton shit but he gets really deep and i see him as the anti gangsta

Talib Kweli is also very good .... but i would highly recommend scrolling threw this thread because their are some absolute classics other members have added....

oh and @@Shogun when ya hear the new Dre album I would say to not expect an old school Dre album but give it a chance their are some really good tracks on it and Eminem..and .. Snoops... best verse's in a while i'd post a link but they been blocking all uploads from you tube off the Compton album ........... hope that covered everything if not il amend later ..............peace :afro2::smokin:

• Like 3

the main reason i love tipper is because he is his own style ,he may borrow from othere genres but he is totally orignal .

for me it all about the music ,i love the way he creates musical sound scapes .

when tripping listening to him , ican imagine being underwater ,in space or just in my mind .

not many artists can do this ,this is why i love tipper

Edited by catfish
  • Like 1

Anybody seen this yet ... i gotta say think its pretty good some heavyweight hip hop legends in this track

shame about the second half of the previous track premature upload before hearing the full track good concept ruined

this though ...this that dirty dike ish

really like this guys flow

Edited by DaTokaFromYoka

@@DaTokaFromYoka the production on those Ocean Wisdom tracks is ace! :yep:

yeah man its Dirty Dike on Production He a pretty dope MC as well

not visited this thread for a while , ocean wisdom is killing those tracks at the minute eh @@DaTokaFromYoka , really well produced .

yeah man his flow is impressive as fuck and to be honest everything high focus are bringing out lately has been spot on really

this mixtape is pure quality

Edited by DaTokaFromYoka