hiphop

KToWn

anyone like a bit of old school uk hip hop ,,overlord x , silver bullet , richie roch , hijack and such artists ?

the british nightmare to americas dream

Edited by el stoned
  • Like 3

Love it @el stoned, been trying to find some old uk tracks from around 87/88 by mc valentine, back from the old pirate days. Remember seeing his name inscribed on a cell wall I was put in a few years after. Sadly no sign of anything by him online.

• Like 2

nice tracks @el stoned , that mixtape looks awesome, gonna download it later. heres kimanchi sly from hijacks new track, released last month. theres a new album dropping soon, not sure if its gonna be hijack or a solo k-sly joint but its gonna feature loads of old uk artists. some of which are now teachers and lawyers and haven't rapped since the early 90s. should be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkUBAZhwc-k

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I like that Flatbush zombies track but I couldn't get into their other stuff. I downloaded an album and a mixtape last year sometime. their beats were good and they can definitely rap but their lyrical content was enough for me to give up on them. I cant remember any of the track names but a couple of them really made me cringe, I do remember them rapping quite a bit about sour diesel and acid which I liked but I don't want to hear men rapping about getting their dicks sucked.

im going through one of my phases where im really struggling with hip hop. theres next to nothing interesting me at the moment. lots of folk telling me about schoolboy q but I just cant get into him either. I have a load of stuff downloaded, static selectah, oc & ray west, edo g, to name afew but theres just so much shit to sift through to find the good stuff. thank fuck for threads like this and the dwg forums. ive loved hip hop for 25 years I aint giving up now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blm7sGJzNCg

• Like 2

Kate Tempest - Circles

I think her spoken word is better (and IMHO it's still hip hop, or at least rap, cos rap's just poetry to a rhythm)

Dregs In A Bottle