hiphop

KToWn

My fav cut off this mixtape.

NC

Ahhh gutted. So after more listening to this mixtape and doing some investigating - seems it is Capital STEEZ that I love the most ... and the dude committed suicide on Dec 24th 2012.

Fuck man :(

NC

@ shogun - I thought Lord Jamal converted to to Islam and became Sadat X, good to know cheers.

Brand Nubian All for One LP is still one of my all time favourites and for me had more flava than the Native Tongue stuff that was coming out round then.

The DITC crew were on the next level.

all for one is an excellent album mate, it was on heavy rotation in my walkman back in the day. I think your right about sadat x being his converted name, if I remember right he called himself derrek x on the first album. im sure 'derrek x is on the flex' was a chorus on one of the tracks. seems odd these days to hear of a rapper calling himself derrek lol.

I saw brand Nubian live in the melkweg, Amsterdam December of 2004, grand puba never turned up and the other 2 weren't very good live, dunno if they had had too much to smoke or what but they didn't put on too great a show, I was well disappointed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...