hiphop

KToWn

damn I forgot about that track. its from sway and techs 'this or that' mix cd, was one of my fav mixes for a good while. one of the last good albums of the 90s before hip hop went down hill. some cracking tracks on that album and dj revolutions turntable skills are on another level. i need to dig that mix out again.

• Like 1

anyone heard the new pharoahe monch 'post traumatic stress disorder' album? its a solid hip hop album. it has a kind of addict ex soldier with ptsd theme to it. whether pharoahe monch was a soldier or not i don't know but the album is fuckin excellent. very well written with some nice skilful rapping. pm is one of a very small handful of rappers who have consistently released solid music since the early days of hip hop.

not one mention of hoes, money or material items. hip hop for adults.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acUoJ-GP37g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDJ2PZwnl2s

nice j5 track but it cant be new cause heavy d has been dead for a few years :(

been listening to this mix today. if your an old school fan its worth checking out. no serato or digital assistance, strictly 2 turntables, a bundle of vinyl and a dj with some serious skills. the way it should be.

theres 100 free downloads available if your quick

https://soundcloud.com/jorunbombay1970/funkbox-reload-summer-edition

Edited by Shogun
  • Like 1

An all time favourite of mine in my sets, but Ive never heard this version before... proper funky Hip Hop music...

Ozomatli - Cut Chemist Suite (Second Hand Audio R:

Spreading vocal leoprasy!

RR

Edited by Road_Runner
  • Like 2

Roll a fat one, sit back and enjoy... prob already been posted in here but fuck it, RELOAD!

Cisco Kid (How High Soundtrack) - Cypress Hill Fe…:

RR

• Like 1

@@Road_Runner I notice you said in your sets. I guess you dj. are you pro or just a hobby dj? I used to do a bit myself back in the 90s and early 2000s. a few of my old mates made it big. one is even in the scratch perverts.

this is one of my fav turntable sets and fav dj's, for some people it goes right over their head but if you can understand what he's doing here it makes the hairs on your neck stand up. his imperial march set is fuckin awesome too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJrY5GLmO7E

• Like 1

@@Shogun, yes I used to be a semi-pro DJ back in the day, but that was all Drum n Bass.

I had to give it up just as I was about to break through to the pro circuit because kids came and the rest is history!

One of my mates was pro but gave it up recently but my another one is full time MC, main stage, international gigs, doing really well.

I now mainly play house parties and play an eclectic style, hip hop/house/garage/funk/soul/breaks etc, very much like in that vid you just posted. Just cant do those all night raves anymore!

RR

Edited by Road_Runner
  • Like 1

Guest Default Attribute

anyone heard the new pharoahe monch 'post traumatic stress disorder' album?

Awesome album, one of the best albums for a while imo just heard it all today.

Guest hnp420

Iv listened to a shed load of hip hop loads of cds cypress hill dr dre snoop durasic 5 insane clown posse even eninem but the king imo gotta be biggie smalls crisp rhymes just blow your mind the ready to die album a stand out classic if biggie was still alive the guy would be one of the most successful artists ever