hiphop

KToWn

"stop sweating the next man" absolute classic!

caught klashnekoff earlier this year, was great live! my favourite k-lash (other than murda) has gotta be either jankrowville or zero. caught skribblah a few month before that too, madd underated!

anyone heard the new lord quas' yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX-HENkP04w

peel off sticker to reveal the guts n such! hyped! :woot:

Edited by dangzilla
  • Like 1

nice tracks piffy :yep: klashnekoff is an artist i like but know nothing about, ive heard him loads at my mates house but ive never got round to buying any of his music, i should really invest cause his stuff is solid

dangzilla that klaus layer track is good, i havent heard of him before. the fabreeze brothers stuff is on my want list which im very very slowly getting through these days, ive almost stopped buying vinyl, i spent way too much in the past, my collecting got obsessive so i had to knock it on the head. i only buy certain pieces now, limiteds, classics, dwg releases etc. got the new dirty dike vinyl the other day but thats the first vinyl ive bought in a good while. gonna pick up the kev-e-kev and masta ace limiteds that are dropping, im a huge fan of both

eric b and rakim released 'let the rythm hit em' 23 years ago today. another classic album from the golden era

• Like 3

anyone heard the new lord quas' yet?

my mate gave me a memory stick with a whole bunch of albums on it, that quasimoto album is on it but i aint checked it out yet, is it worth listening to? that tracks dope :smokin:

2 of my most favorite tracks and also 2 of my most treasured records, raw sample based golden era hip hop

makeba and scratch - aint it funky

ultramagnetic mcs - give the drummer some

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_vSGkS3tCQ

• Like 2

yeh the quas stuffs good, its madlib's alter ego.. kinda like a weeded baritone tiplove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LrYA2DwJ6c

just checking out the kev-e-kev stuff. never heard of him.. raw dope! will keep an eye out for kev records from now on

critical beatdown.. nuff said! way ahead of its time.

let the rhythm hit em 23 years back?!?! :spliff: again.. way ahead :alien2:

still not copped anything from DWG. do they only ship straight from USA? been buying new 45's from kicdrum products. philly based company been pricey getting there preorders every time though... you checked out chopped herring records,they got some ltd editions treasures. they sell out reallll quick tho. copped an unreleased JVC FORCE EP from em last month, wasnt far from 40quid.. :headpain:

makeba and scratch. another one i never heard of, glad you shouted em out :wink:

not really kept up with dirty dike and them lot, remember catching the "pork pie" and "hi, im james" reall good shit. hows the record? is it that return of the twat LP?

couple records from the kicdrum products guys.

i have some early quasimoto and lootpack stuff but i havent paid much attention to thier releases in recent years. i listened to the quasimoto 'yessir whatever' album today, i like it, the squeaky voice gets a bit much after a while but madlibs beats are spot on as usual.

the dwg guys are from london, thier records are shipped from the uk. i used to be a regular on the diggers with gratitude forum but i dont go there much these days, still buy thier records though, thier first phill most chill release is worth a fortune these days. i believe the new kev-e-kev unreleased ep is being sold through rare dave from dwg.

are you a member of the diggers with gratitude forums dangzilla? you should check them out if your not, full of hip hop vinyl nerds, good bunch of guys and very knowledgable

i buy the chopped herring records too, aint got the jvc force one but im gonna pick it up soon, im a huge fan of jvc force. i posted a link to a chopped herring mix a few pages back, its worth checking out

were you ever a member of the vinyl exchange forums? they have been down for several years now, aj rock from jvc force was an active member of those forums, he's a decent guy, still very into his hip hop.

Edited by Shogun

makeba and scratch. another one i never heard of, glad you shouted em out :wink:

not really kept up with dirty dike and them lot, remember catching the "pork pie" and "hi, im james" reall good shit. hows the record? is it that return of the twat LP?

couple records from the kicdrum products guys.

makeba and scratch and kev-e-kev records are rare and pricey, i was lucky enough to snatch them up before the hype set in, the makeba and scratch 12" i posted above never sells for less than £250. and the story is that makeba and scratch were so messed about by record labels and unable to sell thier music at the time that they dumped 90% of the records they had made in a skip, big mistake :spliff: , im sure theres a similar story with phill most chills 'on tempo jack' 12" the records were accidently binned or something

yeah its dirty dikes return of the twat lp, i havent listened to it yet as i dont have turntables set up at the moment, it will probably sit on my record shelves unplayed, i tend to listen to mp3s these days and the records are more collectors items

nice tracks you posted, im hearing good things about the new lewis parker album

have you heard any young zee stuff? im really digging his crazy weekend album at the moment, ive known of him for years since he was in the outsidaz but im ony really a fan of his most recent album.

another album im loving is 'the vegetable and the alien' by white mic, i found it on the bandcamp website and cant get enough of it, its a concept album about an alien landing on earth and becoming friends with a vegetable, wierd concept but a very dope album

ahh i thought you were saying whats quas like? didnt realise you meant whats his new LP like, haha...nice,still not heard it yet only that single i upped, will check it soon.

mann, i assumed DWG was an american company, damn my assumptions :headpain: gonna be checking them out a bit sooner, aswell as the DWG forums, better late than never i say :skin_up:

yeah the JVC FORCE EP is reall good. only just recently been checking chopped herring out. have only purchased from ebay, discogs and local record/charity shops.....that vinyl exchange forum sounds like it woulda been right up my street.

strong island, classic, not seen this live vid before

caught this a while back, thought it was pretty solid, download only i think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5k_6gx36vI

Edited by dangzilla

nice track, the only young zee track i ever heard was toxic waste, zee got the wild style! ill check that crazy weekend LP out man

never heard of white mic and AS....dope stuff

heard any moontroop/technical development(uk) before?

A good friend who's really into hip hop (and knows her stuff) played me this last night. Never heard it before and I think it's superb. Makes my chest hurt just listening to it lol

Abdominal - Breathe Later

• Like 1

Gotta love that final verse, 16 bars of rapping on a single breath - I'm guessing he's not a smoker lol

A good friend who's really into hip hop (and knows her stuff) played me this last night. Never heard it before and I think it's superb. Makes my chest hurt just listening to it lol

Abdominal - Breathe Later

love this track Boojumm! aint heard this for a while. still makes me feel faint :headpain: hahah

swear i remember catching him rapping on helium live too. cant find a vid tho. great emcee!

• 1 month later...