hiphop

KToWn

kane and ace too? niiiice. was close to going to the juice crew reunion last year, they cancelled (after some mates bought the tickets)

yeahhh, love that DOOM track and that scooby noise haha....got an old gas drawls promo from scratch n bobb tape...caught DOOM twice now, 1st one was the night he been stuck in uk ever since. waving his british passport around. the DOOM imposter came out first, he got boo'ed off haha.

not heard that MHZ track?! wheres it from? i got a copy of the MHZ lp. sooo fuckin solid!.. camu tao's magnetics does it for me everytime

• Like 1

i missed lord finesse last year but i did see him around about 2005 when he was in the uk, he toured with boogie blind back then too, good gig, he signed a load of my vinyl for me. lord finesse is a damn good dj as well as mc

kool keith always puts on a good show, ive been to see him 4 times but he only turned up 2 out of those 4 times, good mc although theres been rumors he has mimed some recent gigs, hope he dont mime the upcoming ultras gig

• Like 1

shiit, the only rapper i see mime was teh DOOMimposter and canibus (well he adlibed it all)

lord finesse as a producer too.. triple threat! :shuriken: same goes to edan, insight, lewis parker, juju and so on

sure youve heard this, always worth chucking up though :trumpet:

yeah i was disappointed last years juice crew tour was cancelled, apparently it was down to mc shan being a bitter old has been.

ive never had the pleasure of seeing doom live, i was planning to go see him years ago when i lived in the dam but he cancelled his european tour cause he was scared to fly after 9/11

that mhz track is from the most recent mhz album 'mhz legacy' its my favorite track on the album, very well written lyrics imo

kool keith and godfather don in thier prime, keith was untouchable back then. theres a rarer version of this record where cenobites is spelled cenubites, fetches a pretty penny on ebay. the cenobites ep is possibly my favorite hip hop release (definately in my top 5) but its only for real hip hop heads. theres a ton of unreleased cenobites stuff, most of its up on youtube now, ripped from old stretch and bobbito tapes.

mc shan. makes sence. remember him and marley marl having problems of some kind...shitter :soap:

DOOMs worth catching! ill check that legacy album out man.

got the cenubites wax. :wassnnme: hard keeping it clean as i always come back to it haha.

ill come back on here later to drop some illyness. peace shogun :bong:

Edited by dangzilla

Not sure if this has already been listed in this mega-thread but here's some a nice track, modern but old school sounding, positive hip-hop.

Cultivate Your Next Experience (CYNE)

Edited by 1up
  • Like 1

cyne, nice! heard "arrow of god" and "steady" before, thats bout it so far.. cool crew!

just heard this

jams nicelly :trumpet: Edited by dangzilla

yo shogun, you caught this one before?? picked it up for £1.25 not long ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUpnaI2771Q bobbito on spoken word steezy. its got a company flow track on the flipside which never heard too.. edit;these links aint coming up for some reason?!

Edited by dangzilla

heres a uk hip hop track from 1990 by king bee featuring kool keith and the ultramagnetic mc's, great britcore track from a great britcore album (royal jelly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPVXJvWgIA

hot damn, never heard this.. that phonecall break made my ears twitch, phill most chill rocked the same sample on gotta have it (i think, couldnt find it on 'tube)

you heard much baritone tiplove?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzm4h0vcFIA

hot damn, never heard this.. that phonecall break made my ears twitch, phill most chill rocked the same sample on gotta have it (i think, couldnt find it on 'tube)

you heard much baritone tiplove?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzm4h0vcFIA

you know phill most chill? usually only hip hop vinyl collectors know of him. phill most chill is a true hip hop head, been thier since day one but never fully recognised. i used to buy vinyl from him many years ago before the prices went crazy high. im loving the new stuff he's done with paul nice and the diggers with gratitude. as for his bartitone tiplove releases i only have the 'young ladies drive me crazy' 12", i tried for years to get a copy of the album but failed, i believe the album recently got a limited vinyl release in japan but i aint got round to tracking a copy down yet.

i'll post some vids when i get home from work

• Like 1

yeh man them tiplove vinyl reissues are pricey as! glad to chat with someone that actually knows hiphop. yeah the stuff with paul nice is solid. was close to preordering there febreeze bros stuff a lil while ago. was fairly skint then tho.

you heard any klaus layer?. german producer. redefinition records (damu the fudgemunks label i think?!) signed him up last year. been waiting on some wax of that...they putting out a load of new k-def stuff through the label too, been meaning to slowww down on buying records tho. way too tough.

klaus layer