hiphop

KToWn

I have to say thanks to all the people posting UK based stuff here ... I am loving it and it is outside of my knowledge zone. Keep them coming, you have at least one appreciative lover in me :)

At the moment I am loving the new Killer Mike LP - produced by El-P. So many great tracks, but this one can't be played loud enough and it has the great line:

For the kids in the park, watching out for the Narcs

Putting Sour Diesel in the air

It's not the only weed reference ... there is another White Rhino reference too :D

NC

• Like 1

I have to say thanks to all the people posting UK based stuff here ... I am loving it and it is outside of my knowledge zone. Keep them coming, you have at least one appreciative lover in me :)

+1 on that, my uk hip hop knowledge doesnt go past the early 90s britcore scene, blade, hijack, gunshot etc but i like what im hearing on here :stoned:

At the moment I am loving the new Killer Mike LP - produced by El-P. So many great tracks, but this one can't be played loud enough and it has the great line:

For the kids in the park, watching out for the Narcs

Putting Sour Diesel in the air

It's not the only weed reference ... there is another White Rhino reference too :D

NC

also liking the killer mike album, i would usually avoid artists with names like killer mike and im not usually into dirty south type artists either but i bought it on the strength of it being produced by el-p and i have to say its a great album, couple of tracks im not too keen on but mostly its an excellent album, some of the tracks are very powerful, reagan comes to mind.

i just picked up the newest aesop rock album which is along the same lines of killer mike and el-p, worth a listen too

• Like 1

anybody into dirty dike? he's one of the few uk artists i know, i got his 'constant dikestar' album a couple of years ago, good album, judging by the new vids up on youtube there must be a new album coming out soon

• Like 1

i just picked up the newest aesop rock album which is along the same lines of killer mike and el-p, worth a listen too

Ah man Shogun - totally with you on that! It was Skelethon that got me back into the whole hip hop scence after dropping out of it in about '94.

On another note - I bought my ticket to see KRS-One in Brighton in June. UK420 meet-up? :D

NC

one of dirty dikes new vids. ten dike commandments.

'never put your trust in a dumb slag, strictly self medicate and meditate with skunk bags'

this aint bad either, from the same label as dirty dike, good video

Edited by Shogun
  • Like 1

Ah man Shogun - totally with you on that! It was Skelethon that got me back into the whole hip hop scence after dropping out of it in about '94.

On another note - I bought my ticket to see KRS-One in Brighton in June. UK420 meet-up? :D

NC

lucky sod, id love to see krs one but brightons a long treck for me, got myself a ticket for the big daddy kane and master ace gig in scotland and i found out ultramagnetic mc's are definately playing scotland too so im well happy :stoned:

• Like 1

anybody into dirty dike? he's one of the few uk artists i know, i got his 'constant dikestar' album a couple of years ago, good album, judging by the new vids up on youtube there must be a new album coming out soon

haha nice one Shogun!! Anyone know where Pork Pie was shot?

I'll be digging out more of Dirty Dike on the back of these tunes :yep:

NC

lucky sod, id love to see krs one but brightons a long treck for me, got myself a ticket for the big daddy kane and master ace gig in scotland and i found out ultramagnetic mc's are definately playing scotland too so im well happy :stoned:

Ah damn shame that. I reckon Big Daddy and Ultramagnetics must be doing a tour or something because they are both playing Brighton too.

Enjoy!!

NC

Ah damn shame that. I reckon Big Daddy and Ultramagnetics must be doing a tour or something because they are both playing Brighton too.

Enjoy!!

NC

i know the ultra tour is to celebrate 25th aniversary of thier first album 'critical beatdown' which happens to be my favorite album ever, be good to see it performed live. although last time i saw kool keith live there was rumors he was miming :spliff:

just pre ordered myself the new dirty dike album 'return of the twat' double red vinyl with free mp3 download, the mp3 will go on my iphone and the vinyl will stay sealed and go straight in to my vinyl rack :dj:

21 years ago today beastie boys released 'check your head' and kid frost released 'east side story'

beastie boys - pass the mic

kid frost - aint no sunshine

Edited by Shogun

big thanks to my man machi for letting me in on this banger

Black The Ripper & Harry Love - The Remedy (Married To Marijuana)

:skin_up::spliff:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

23 years ago today ice cube released 'amerikkkas most wanted'. this is another album that i bought on its day of release and it never left my walkman for months, hip hop was in its prime when this album came out.

a little history on amerikkkas most wanted. 1989, ice cube was still a member of nwa and was busy writing lyrics for the follow up to straight outta compton, cube wrote all his own lyrics as well as all the lyrics for easy-e and dr dre's verses (he even wrote the whole of eazy-e's solo album). he left nwa late 89 after a big fall out with eazy-e over money, he took his lyrics with him and rewrote them for a solo album. dr dre was meant to produce amerikkkas most wanted but eazy-e and nwa's record management put a stop to dre producing it. the bomb squad (public enemy / def jam records production team) stepped in and did the production work instead.

amerikkkas most wanted is a fuckin good album and although in my opinion its a flawless early 90s pioneering gangster rap album i cant help but wonder what it would have sounded like if dr dre had had a hand in it, cube and dre were both at the top of thier game in 1989/90. and i wonder what it would have sounded like if these lyrics had been recorded by nwa for thier second album, damn that would be good to hear. none the less amerikkkas most wanted is a landmark album

there are official videos from this album but i cant seem to find any

• Like 4