hiphop

KToWn

thought id post up some pics of my record collection, most of these are over 20 years old now

half my ultramagnetic mc's collection (my favorite group of all time)

tn_gallery_6671_3891_251272.jpg

a few others

tn_gallery_6671_3891_21407.jpgtn_gallery_6671_3891_72573.jpgtn_gallery_6671_3891_228495.jpgtn_gallery_6671_3891_42513.jpg

plenty more where they came from, at one time i had just short of 2000 hip hop records, regrettably had to sell a few hundred a couple of years back when times were hard

tn_gallery_6671_3891_44721.jpg

Amazing collection there Shogun :yep: Heres another fav that I noticed you have in there aswell....

Zion :hippy:

• Like 3

Jurassic 5 are playing 2 shows in the UK in June J5 Dates.....wasnt going to bother until i realised it's going to be the original lineup! Really looking forward to it now :smoke:

Edited by Oh-No
  • Like 2

Scratch (Hip-Hop Documentary)

:dj: :dj: :dj::skin_up:

nice one lucifer, thats one of my fav documentaries, the djs on that doc have serious skills, ive been a huge fan of most of them for years, i spent years practicing turntablism but never got anywhere near these guys. its a shame all todays djs use 'serato' and 'traktor' which im no fan of, although if used skillfuly and not just to make short cuts serato / traktor can give some awesome results

Edited by Shogun
  • Like 1

it would be nice to see more hip hop discussion on here, rather than folk just posting vids. today i downloaded these albums, anybody got any opinions on these albums? tbh ive never heard of most of them, i know planet asia, aseop rock and the alchemist but the rest are unknown territory for me, once i listen to them all ill post my opinions

plant asia - black belt theatre

tree - sunday school

the alchemist - russian roulette

aseop rock - skelethon

boog brown - the brown study

currency and harry fraud - ?

ab-soul - control system

kendric lamar - good kid, mad city

propo 88 and blabbermouf - from the top of the stack

also heard today that a limited release from'kev e kev and ak-b' will be released very soon on vinyl, only 500 pressed of some un released tracks from 1988-90, kev-e-kev and ak-b could have easily became 80s hip hop legends like eric b and rakim, bdp or ultramagnetics, they just missed thier chance back then and disapered out quickly

Yeah, had ticket to see roots on 16th march but was too ill with cold - that was my birthday weekend :(

Nevermind - am sure he'll do others. Know he's not really hiphop but gonna see Tricky on twenty something of may (too stoned - forgot date!).

Peace

:stoned:

it would be nice to see more hip hop discussion on here, rather than folk just posting vids.

It suits me perfectly that people just post vids, with some interesting anecdotes here and there ...

today i downloaded these albums, anybody got any opinions on these albums? tbh ive never heard of most of them, i know planet asia, aseop rock and the alchemist but the rest are unknown territory for me, once i listen to them all ill post my opinions

plant asia - black belt theatre

tree - sunday school

the alchemist - russian roulette

aseop rock - skelethon

boog brown - the brown study

currency and harry fraud - ?

ab-soul - control system

kendric lamar - good kid, mad city

propo 88 and blabbermouf - from the top of the stack

Only heard Skelethon. It, together with C4C by El-P, got me back into hip hop after an 18 or so year hiatus.

Never heard of the others. And since I don't download it'll probably be a while before I do get to hear the full albums.

also heard today that a limited release from'kev e kev and ak-b' will be released very soon on vinyl, only 500 pressed of some un released tracks from 1988-90, kev-e-kev and ak-b could have easily became 80s hip hop legends like eric b and rakim, bdp or ultramagnetics, they just missed thier chance back then and disapered out quickly

haha nice one :yep: new to me, thanks :D

NC