hiphop

KToWn

never heard that one before, i like it, its got that perfect mid 90s new york indie sound to it, is it available on wax? i notice the pic is a stretch and bobbito demo tape so probably aint available on wax :unsure:

have to say im absolutely loving the doppelgangaz album right now, downloaded it 2 days ago and i must have listened to it 20 times already,

Edited by Shogun
  • Like 2

Nice choices DreadLung. I've got that Shadez of Brooklyn on wax and will always remain a proud part of the collection :)

A man after my own heart, never gets old forever fresh, unlike my feet but much like a can of Coca 'Osteoporosis in a tin' Cola :rofl:

Beatnuts to soothe ya soul!

:yinyang:

Edited by DreadLung
  • Like 1

Ah nice one Shogun - didn't know about them, and I dig it!

Reckon my only criticism is with Skin Yarmalke - that vinyl crackle is a straight up obvious use of the Speakerphone FX plug. To me it is lazy - like just using a preset synth or drum pattern, but, I could be missing the playful and intentional obviousness of it all :)

Definitely going to check out their stuff tho - excited! Cheers :yep:

have to say im absolutely loving the doppelgangaz album right now, downloaded it 2 days ago and i must have listened to it 20 times already,

Ah nice one Shogun - didn't know about them, and I dig it!

Reckon my only criticism is with Skin Yarmalke - that vinyl crackle is a straight up obvious use of the Speakerphone FX plug. To me it is lazy - like just using a preset synth or drum pattern, but, I could be missing the playful and intentional obviousness of it all :)

Definitely going to check out their stuff tho - excited! Cheers :yep:

im loving thier album mate, its unusaul these days that i get hooked on an album so quickly and so heavily, i think the production is great, i like the vinyl crackle too but i dont know what the speaker phone fx plug is so i cant comment on that, sometimes simplicity gets the best results imo, gimme a demo tape over an expensively produced track any day, i love hearing the rawness of a track, i guess thats why i like underground hip hop over crap like rick ross and other big label poor excuses for hip hop.

i thought the doppelganagaz were a new group but my mate told me last night thay have been about for 6 or 7 years and have a couple of albums out, i had a quick look and found a couple of instrumental albums they released previously but nothing else, didnt look too hard though so there may be more of thier stuff out there :stoned:

just heard big daddy kane and masta ace are touring the uk in may, cant wait for that, gonna get a ticket this weekend :smokin:

edit cause i cant spell

Edited by Shogun

just heard big daddy kane and masta ace are touring the uk in may, cant wait for that, gonna get a ticket this weekend :smokin:

haha yes! Brighton is close :yep:

love it, the very first g-funk album, was always a huge fan of this album, great production by dr dre. didnt think much of dre or above the law after this though, maybe one or two good releases by both after this :stoned:

Agreed :yep:

NC

Killah priests new album is long expensive and fucking brilliant!

It seems a lot of the Wu collective have made comeback albums and assaulted the music industry with some true lyricism!

Old boys showing the wannabes how's it done :stoned:

Edited by ~nobody~
  • Like 2

^^^^^nice track, and the shades of brooklyn track too :stoned: :stoned:

Ditto Shogun, real good to find a forum where the soul of true hip hop lives and breathes on. :smoke::stoned:

• Like 2